Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A blast from the past
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So the latest parts / project car came with some new "old" parts. Sure do miss these guys. Them and Doc & Cy's. sad.gif

Socalandy
I agree!!! Tweeks was great and wish they were still in the market
mb911
What happened to pb tweeks? Who bought them out?
bdstone914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 27 2017, 04:27 AM) *

What happened to pb tweeks? Who bought them out?

It is now Echlers - Performance Products sad.gif
jd74914
I always liked looking through their catalog and buying from Tweeks-used to get a bunch of them; sad day when they were bought out.
GeorgeRud
Tweekswas originally started by the Johnson brothers, who are/were practicing veterinarians that did the Porsche parts as a sideline while in school. Brett Johnson was actually a classmate of my good friend back at Purdue, and I believe still is practicing in Indianapolis when he's not playing with Porsches.

Like others, I enjoyed buying parts from them. Eventually sold the company to Midamerica in Effingham, Il who then sold out to Ecklers.

I wonder what was the story on other old parts purveyors? AJUSA, Electrodyne, Imparts, etc.?
johnhora
Garold...you made me go thru my stash biggrin.gif

Always loved the Tweeks Swap Meets...what a great time it was

Haven't seen Cy in a few years but the last time I visited him
he still had a 914 and wooden pallet piled with parts that I had sold him many years ago...
I think we always just traded floor storage space for parts.
I'm looking for a picture I have of him loading his pickup truck to the brim with parts left or he bought for pennies after a swap meet...

See I still have some of his stuff too.... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.