Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 50th Anniversary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcheek
Just wondering what the official year for the 50th Anniversary of the 914 is. Is it 2020 or 2019 ? I know in the past the United States got most Euro models a year after the introdution in Europe. Is that the case with the 914?

Dave
gms
Porsche had 25th anniversary in 1994 so 2019 for 50th
Click to view attachment
Porschef
QUOTE(gms @ Sep 27 2017, 03:49 PM) *

Porsche had 25th anniversary in 1994 so 2019 for 50th
Click to view attachment

??? blink.gif

I had a 25th anniversary 911, it was a 75 MY.
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/specs/productionnumbers.php

1969 - 2019
shades.gif
Racer

??? blink.gif

That was to celebrate Porsche's 25th anniversary. And in 1989, Porsche offered a 25th Anniversary 911.. and then they also had a 996 based 40th 911 Anniversary edition.. and a 991 based 50th anniversary 911...

I would think since the first 914s came out in 1969 as 1970 models, the precise Germans would celebrate in 2019. Lazy Americans might wait till 2020 wink.gif
JmuRiz
Ok I have a new target to finish my conversion:D
2019 or before...
IronHillRestorations
Those 25 Jahre 914 pins are worth a fortune!
IronHillRestorations

??? blink.gif

Maybe it was 10th? Unless there was a secret 911 in 1950 biggrin.gif
siverson
> Those 25 Jahre 914 pins are worth a fortune!

Really?

-Steve
siverson
Hmmm... eBay says ~$12.

-Steve
Drums66
....Snicker! poke.gif
bye1.gif
rick 918-S
So who's planning a celebration? Middle of the country would be good. 914's coming from all corners of the US and Canada. idea.gif
euro911
I think I could have one of the 914s on the road by then laugh.gif
dcheek
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 27 2017, 10:03 PM) *

So who's planning a celebration? Middle of the country would be good. 914's coming from all corners of the US and Canada. idea.gif

The reason for my asking what is the official year, is that an East Coast Celebration could take place as part of the All Air Cooled Gathering 2019. We feature an air cooled model every year with special show field placement and one of a kind collectable gift. The 914 Porsche could be the featured model that year. Since we have the venue 3 days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with camping the first two days with the show and swap meet on Sunday, there is a possibility the 914's could have at least a 2 day event, with their own show and swap on Saturday and then partake in the All Air Cooled Gathering on Sunday.

If you don't already know, the venue is the German Swim and Sports Club in Flanders, New Jersey. This is private club consisting of 3 grass soccer fields surrounded by trees along with a club house, bar and full service kitchen. You couldn't ask for a better place to hold a car show!

Here is a You Tube video of this year's event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOh6ZRv1vCg

Maybe those who run the Octeenerfest would be interested in combining the event, or anyone else who is currently planning a special event marking the 50th anniversary of the 914.

It's time to start planning now for such a special event!

Dave
poorsche914
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 28 2017, 07:50 AM) *
Maybe those who run the Octeenerfest would be interested in combining the event, or anyone else who is currently planning a special event marking the 50th anniversary of the 914.

Dave

Yep, already been discussing the 50th Anniversary event.

driving.gif
Garland
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 28 2017, 12:03 AM) *

driving.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif

That sounds great!
cdn914
I am watching. Would love to attend another 914 reunion.
Big Len
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 28 2017, 06:50 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 27 2017, 10:03 PM) *

The reason for my asking what is the official year, is that an East Coast Celebration could take place as part of the All Air Cooled Gathering 2019. We feature an air cooled model every year with special show field placement and one of a kind collectable gift. The 914 Porsche could be the featured model that year. Since we have the venue 3 days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with camping the first two days with the show and swap meet on Sunday, there is a possibility the 914's could have at least a 2 day event, with their own show and swap on Saturday and then partake in the All Air Cooled Gathering on Sunday.

If you don't already know, the venue is the German Swim and Sports Club in Flanders, New Jersey. This is private club consisting of 3 grass soccer fields surrounded by trees along with a club house, bar and full service kitchen. You couldn't ask for a better place to hold a car show!

Here is a You Tube video of this year's event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOh6ZRv1vCg

Dave

Truly a well run and organized event. Good people, good food and drinks, and all reasonably priced. You know we'll be there. But having a national event to celebrate the anniversary would be great, but this is a big country, so maybe a mideast and midwest show simultaneously might be more inclusive. The Air Cooled Gathering, if chosen, could definitely pull it off very well.
mark04usa
My car's 50th birthday will be in January, 2020... coming up soon. Would love to drive to a 914 50th Anniversary event. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
West coast 50th anniversary is going to be in 2020 and being planned. East coast could be same year or 2019 totally up to the organizer. But you really need at least 8 months to plan something that big. Probably more like a year..
SKL1
My '71 has a 50th birthday in September 2020, and I've had it since new... damn, I'm getting old sad.gif

Don't need to rush it- it won't be in 2019!
keizeikeitara
Welp looks like I need to Finish my 914 Within a year! Would be cool to have it donw in the 50th anniversary year!
rgolia
The Flanders venue is great,but the location is not really good for the all of the east coast to gather as it is pretty far north. Why not look at something in Virginia, mountains or beach, both should be reasonably priced in September/October.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think that a two year celebration is in order, starting in late 2019 when the first 914 hit the dealer showroom floor, and continuing until 12/20
Big Len
QUOTE(rgolia @ Nov 7 2018, 12:00 PM) *

The Flanders venue is great,but the location is not really good for the all of the east coast to gather as it is pretty far north. Why not look at something in Virginia, mountains or beach, both should be reasonably priced in September/October.

I agree Ralph. Pulled up a US map and if two celebrations are in order (east and west coast), it looks like southwestern West Virginia and the four corners area seem to have equidistant access for most people. There are great roads in both areas.
poorsche914
Okteenerfest 2019 will kick off the 50th Anniversary celebrations on the east coast.
Venue isn't set yet.

driving.gif
rgolia
Perfect. What venues are being considered for the 2019 Octeenerfest. I missed last year due to new engine not having enough road time but I will be there this time around.
AlanG
This reminds me of the great debate regarding the 1st year of the 21st century (and no I'm not trying to resurrect that discussion).

Correct me if I'm wrong. The 914 was introduced to the world in the fall of 1969 but, based on their VIN's they were 1970 MY.

Earlier in this thread the Production Numbers page (http://www.914world.com/specs/productionnumbers.php) was referenced and it refers to years 1969 to 1975. That would suggest there was no 1976 MY.
PanelBilly
I’m starting the party the weekend of 9/14 in the PNW. The local PCA is supporting the event too.
poorsche914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Nov 12 2018, 06:43 PM) *
Okteenerfest 2019 will kick off the 50th Anniversary celebrations on the east coast.
Venue isn't set yet.
QUOTE(rgolia @ Nov 13 2018, 07:52 AM) *
Perfect. What venues are being considered for the 2019 Octeenerfest. I missed last year due to new engine not having enough road time but I will be there this time around.

Okteenerfest returns to western North Carolina and will be held in Banner Elk on September 12-15. Here's the official thread.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.