Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 914 FS by beverlyhillscarclub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcrotvik
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Porsche-914-/...-ro&vxp=mtr

1974 Porsche 914 1974 Porsche 914 in red with black interior. Comes equipped with a manual transmission and with solid wheels. Very desirable project car. Tremendous potential. Excellent candidate for full restoration. For $3,500 If you have any additional questions Please call 310-975-0272 or email with any questions! We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements.
Ferg
Click to view attachment
Chris H.
Crud...a bidding war. I just got a new paint buffer too.
tomh
You're insulting crack smokers!!!!!!
Lol
EdwardBlume
Ambitious stromberg.gif
Porschef
A little crack goes a long way...
mmascari
It's snapped in half
napasteve
"Very desirable project car. Tremendous potential." if you are fan of ferric oxide.
BuddyV
Someone please photoshop "Tow-Mader" eyes and teeth...... please. The front hood and patina are asking for it.

Begging for it.

beerchug.gif
raynekat
Excellent candidate for full restoration? Then why don't they do it themselves?
I mean really?
I wouldn't give you $200 for this car.
Maybe the wheels and parts of the interior are worth a bit of money, but certainly not the $3500 that's being asked.
Sometimes horders (and dealers) just need to know when to throw something in the trash.
Justinp71

Wow, what a POS
porschetub
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Sep 28 2017, 10:09 AM) *

Wow, what a POS

agree.gif ,whats with the solid wheel comment ??? he used that on the ad for the last POS one,in this cause they don't even match,unless one alloy is in the trunk confused24.gif .
How did they get the car there without it peeling in half,unless the shaft rod and cables are holding it together av-943.gif av-943.gif .
siverson
Be sure to bring a screwdriver and poke at some of the suspect areas to see if there is bad rust lurking...

-Steve
Lucky9146
QUOTE(mmascari @ Sep 27 2017, 01:33 PM) *

It's snapped in half

And the targa top is all that is holding it together. idea.gif
914_7T3
Could be one of them Rust Free E-Bay cars we keep hearing about. I am available to do a PPI for out of town buyers for a reasonable fee of course.

av-943.gif
turbonet
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Sep 27 2017, 01:54 PM) *

Someone please photoshop "Tow-Mader" eyes and teeth...... please. The front hood and patina are asking for it.

Begging for it.

beerchug.gif

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Jonathan Livesay
I started to submit a Best Offer for $3.50 just for giggles, but chickened out at the Submit Offer page. What if he accepted? blink.gif
poorsche914
Click to view attachment
Ferg
laugh.gif
7TPorsh
Did he ever sell the 912 that looked like this? Someone here has it as an avatar pic.
Retroracer
On the plus side, shipping it out of state would be easier as it conveniently folds in half.
burton73
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

Bob B
porschetub
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Sep 28 2017, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(mmascari @ Sep 27 2017, 01:33 PM) *

It's snapped in half

And the targa top is all that is holding it together. idea.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ,so true never thought of that,oversea's buyers??,no shipping company would even put that on a vessel to start with sad.gif .
KeithVonLaws
Heck.... I live in NW ohio.... I could fix that. Thats how most restorations start out around here....
Chris H.
The rust is so deep. It's like it was sitting right on the beach for 40 years. Pretty gutsy to put that thing up on a lift and walk under it! It's ready to fall apart!

Click to view attachment

The longs are totally gone on both sides. Amazing.
burton73
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 28 2017, 09:03 AM) *

The rust is so deep. It's like it was sitting right on the beach for 40 years. Pretty gutsy to put that thing up on a lift and walk under it! It's ready to fall apart!

Click to view attachment

The longs are totally gone on both sides. Amazing.

Someone must follow that thing around with a dustpan and broom.

If there were a contest for the most rusted 914 this one would come in second I think. I do not know how my 914 brothers fell but for me just looking at the pictures hurt.

Bob B barf.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Sep 27 2017, 03:51 PM) *

On the plus side, shipping it out of state would be easier as it conveniently folds in half.

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
DM_2000
I can see the heater tube on the drivers side.

Something to think about. Who here has replaced:

Front and rear floor pan

Outer longs / repaired inner

By changing those parts, the car is no longer folding in half. I've seen quite a few cars on this list stripped bare getting a full restoration, starting with this car isn't going to be much worse.

If the paint was shiny, it would not look so sorry.

JamesM
QUOTE(DM_2000 @ Sep 28 2017, 03:53 PM) *

Front and rear floor pan

By changing those parts, the car is no longer folding in half. I've seen quite a few cars on this list stripped bare getting a full restoration, starting with this car isn't going to be much worse.

I cant tell if you are kidding but i have to assume you are given there is not a salvageable piece of metal on that car. Every single panel has a hole in it.

You would want to find PN-91450177913 to do anything with this heap
matthepcat
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 27 2017, 03:16 PM) *

^^ amazing ^^

I wouldn’t take that if I was paid.
RenoRoger
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 29 2017, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(DM_2000 @ Sep 28 2017, 03:53 PM) *

Front and rear floor pan

I cant tell if you are kidding but i have to assume you are given there is not a salvageable piece of metal on that car. Every single panel has a hole in it.

You would want to find PN-91450177913 to do anything with this heap

Well, I surmise the lug nuts might still be useable, however, I don't need any.
DM_2000
$ 3,500 is way to much, all exterior trim is missing.

If someones floor pan has a small hole or a large one, the labor to change the pan is the same. Rusted longs? small or big hole, same amount of work to replace.

I don't see any rust holes in the RF fender / door.

You guys in non road salt areas have no idea what rust is. Your 40 year old cars look better in terms of rust than a 4 year old car here.

Is the car worth fixing? Not really because of the abundance of better cars that offer more value.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.