Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Near Monterey, CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joel Simmons
Aloha,

Just wondering if anyone is located near Monterey, CA. I'm in the military and will be stationed there next month and I'm interested in getting into a 914. Any help would be appreciated.

mahalos,
Joel
Joe Bob
Nice thing about CA....everything is freeway close.....what condition year or motor are you looking for....?

Craig at www.camp914.com has a lot of stuff....
carreraguy
As the host area for WCC 2004, the annual west coast 914 GTG, there are a lot of 914's in the SF Bay area and San Jose and I know there are some in the Salinas/Monterey/Seaside/Pacific Grove area. Not sure who has any for sale though. Recommend you log on to the Golden Gate, Monterey Bay and Loma Prieta PCA websites and you should see some Teeners for sale in there. Check out; http://www.pca-ggr.org/showads.cgi, http://mby.pca.org/ or http://lpr.pca.org/src/classifieds.htm

Another possibility would be to contact some local Porsche garages such as High Performance House (650-364-6234) in Redwood City and Don's Autowerks (408-871-9108) in Campbell. They may have info re: 914's available and if not they may have other suggestions to find one.

Welcome aboard and good luck hunting!
neo914-6
Welcome! Type 914 to search on craigslist.org After you found one you like, ask someone on this forum to help with a PPI (pre-purchase inspection)
I grew up in Salinas and would suggest driving it on Los Laureles Grade Road for fun...
914werke
Welcome Joel. Where's you station? POMS, NPS?
Joel Simmons
Hello all,

Well from what I've looked at with 914's I like the early cars. 73 and earlier is what I'd like to try and find. As far as engines, of course the 2.0 or the 914/6 would be cool, but I'm sure I'd end up tinkering with things and making it go fast no matter what engine it came with. But, yes I would prefer a 2.0 even if it does cost a bit more to get into one. I am willing to pay a bit more to get a clean driver to start out with.

I've had a lot of experience with aircooled VW's and the most important thing for me in purchasing a 914 is that the body be solid and that it has a good paint job. I'm helpless when it comes to bodywork, so that's a big thing for me in this search.

Thanks for those website links. I've already checked out some of them. I'll definitely have to get into contact with the Monterey PCA guys.

Neo914 - I'll actually be living in Salinas and commuting to the Presidio of Monterey to attend the DLI. Small world.

rdauenhauer - I think I've spoken with you on here before when I first joined this website. I'm going to the DLI for Chinese, I'm a 97E in the Army.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess its just up to me to find a car and have a Porsche guru check it out for me.

Mahalos,
Joel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.