Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum line routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morrie
Car: 76 914
Engine: 2056 with D-Jet induction

I now have an inventory of new vacuum lines in the appropriate sizes, based on this:

Click to view attachment

Assuming a minimalist installation, is there a compelling argument to use a configuration other than this:

Click to view attachment

Thank you all in advance for any constructive advice. These are from Bowslby.net as you all probably know.
boxsterfan
When I did all my vacuum lines, I bought a bulk amounts of the various hose sizes from Pelican Parts and just cut them to the lengths I felt was correct. I used the old one as a guide +/- an inch or two.
Morrie
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Sep 28 2017, 05:37 PM) *

When I did all my vacuum lines, I bought a bulk amounts of the various hose sizes from Pelican Parts and just cut them to the lengths I felt was correct. I used the old one as a guide +/- an inch or two.

That's a reasonable course of action if you are sure your current setup is correct. Hard to say in this case so I was looking for a reference.
JeffBowlsby
You can eliminate Hose 10. wink.gif

Eliminating others and there is a price to pay...fuel smell in the cabin, stress on your MPS diaphragm, low cold idle etc.

Just put them all in like they are supposed to be.
Morrie
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 28 2017, 09:45 PM) *

Just put them all in like they are supposed to be.

Hi Jeff,

I'm not looking to cut any corners here. Seems like there were a number of different ways the vacuum lines were routed. I will note how mine are routed currently as a baseline but if thibgs are missing or don't make sense I'll compare to this diagram and report back.

Morrie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.