Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contorl arm gussets for reiforcement of the concul
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
We have made these and are handling distribution for Cary. A much needed set of parts at a reasonable price.

Each "kit" consists of 1 set of the 3 pieces to reinforce the consul. We hade these as a single consul kit because, lets face it, one side is more prone to issues than the other.

Thanks Cary
mepstein
Awesome!
bbrock
Awesome! I guess you got my PM. Ordering now. Thanks! first.gif
Mikey914
1st Set out the door.
DM_2000
Are the holes for welding or blind riveting?

If for MIG welding, they are way too small, they need to be 1/2" min and give the installer instructions to strike an arc in the center of the hole ( against the car ) then move outwards in a circular motion to the reinforcement. If this isn't done, all that is accomplished it filling the hole in the reinforcement.

If for TIG welding a 3/8 " hole might be OK since one is able to apply heat exclusive of filler material.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 29 2017, 01:12 PM) *

1st Set out the door.

And on their way to my house. piratenanner.gif

I believe the holes are for drainage as they are in the originals. These pieces are bead welded around the edges and the holes are needed to weep moisture from the resulting gap. Cary can correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume they go on the same as the factory gussets. This is a terrible picture, but kind of shows how they go. Not pretty, just strong.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.