Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Hey Mer...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Did you start your diving class yet? I was in the garage today, and found the box with all my dive gear... it reminded me that you were gonna get your q-card.

-Rusty scuba.gif
Brad Roberts
I recall her talking about it 8-10 months ago. Did she signup finally ?

B
Mark Henry
Damn I miss diving sad.gif

I had my NAUI "junior scuba diver" card when I was 13....mommy or daddy had to be with me when I bought air smile.gif

Should take it back up, maybe when the kids are a bit older.
Rusty
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ May 21 2005, 09:00 PM)
Damn I miss diving sad.gif

I had my NAUI "junior scuba diver" card when I was 13....mommy or daddy had to be with me when I bought air smile.gif

Should take it back up, maybe when the kids are a bit older.

Take the kids. PADI has a "Bubblemaker" program designed to teach young ones the art of diving.

-Rusty scuba.gif
Mark Henry
A 3 and 5 year old? I think I'll wait a couple.
airsix
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ May 21 2005, 06:08 PM)

Okay if its a snorkeling program. Bottled air? That's a little young IMHO. I started when I was 14. 20 years later I'm a whole lot more aware of the risks than I was then. When you're 14 you think you're indestructible. Get back into it Mark. If you were diving that young I know it's "in you" and you can supress the desire but it doesn't go away.

Whanna know what's funny? My wife wants me to get off the computer right now and go put my gear away. It's laying in the dining room because I was just having my regs serviced and tank hydroed this week.

-Ben M.

ps - Rusty, Meredeth should get a c-card. q-cards are for Jay Leno and David Letterman. wink.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ May 21 2005, 09:08 PM)

Yeah, that's a little young. I think they need to be 9 or 10 to participate in Bubblemakers. smile.gif

P.S. Ben... q-card is Qualification Card. smile.gif
airsix
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 21 2005, 08:25 PM)
P.S. Ben... q-card is Qualification Card. smile.gif

I've always heard "c-card" (certification card). Never heard "q-card", but I live on the other side of the country and we say all sorts of things wrong here. Besides, you're a Master and I'm just AOW. pray.gif

-Ben M.
bd1308
dudes, i love scuba diving.....i went to St.Croix and went diving in the barrier reefs....some AMAZING colors down there, so brilliant and spectacular. It's purely and simply beautiful.....my ears dont like diving though, i tried everything and they still hurt like a bitch. i went with a PADI instructor down to 40 ft....actually went to like 50 bc the other people in the group spotted a shark.....so we huddled around it and some tried to coax it out..didnt' work though

I will never forget that day.

someday i shall return to that ocean, with my Certs..... smile.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (airsix @ May 21 2005, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 21 2005, 08:25 PM)
P.S.  Ben... q-card is Qualification Card.  :)

I've always heard "c-card" (certification card). Never heard "q-card", but I live on the other side of the country and we say all sorts of things wrong here. Besides, you're a Master and I'm just AOW. pray.gif

-Ben M.

Actually, Ben... I've heard both. But q-card is the first term I learned and it stuck in my head.

// break //

Paging Meredith... Paging Meredith to the white courtesy phone. biggrin.gif
Meredith
I spent last weekend diving in Monterey. Kelp forests and the like, it was gorgeous. I wanted to stay in the water forever (except for the whole air issue and the water temp). I'm taking the class as a college course and I actually have the final tomorrow. Too bad the final doesn't consist of a dive, right?

Hmm...sounds like we have a few divers. Maybe a 914club scuba diving trip is in order? idea.gif I'm up for it!

-Mer
ws91420
I took Scuba as a college class also. The instructor arranged a dive trip to the Keys to do our cert dives. It was incredible especially doing the night dive. I have my PADI Advanced Open water but would need to refresh a little bit. scuba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.