Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drove a Slingshot yesterday, now my girls want me sell 914 and get one...hmmm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
On vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and we did a tour with the Polaris Slingshots, wife and a twin in one, and myself and the other twin in another.

These things are a blast, that Chevy Ecotech motor sounds great and has plenty of power for continuous smiles.

No helmets required here which I think are mandatory at home so that might kill some of the feel and vibe, not too sure.

Anyway, the experience has inspired me to start working on the 914 again once we get home, forgot how much I missed that open air ride with the targa top off.
matthepcat
You can rent them in town. Probably a better option, as they are good weather use only.
Big Len
Dump the girl.
sb914
I want one bad !
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 29 2017, 12:46 PM) *

Dump the girl.

No way! sad.gif

Mike's twins are like synchronized miniature comedians on 15 shots of espresso!

Gotta keep the twins! Too much entertainment... av-943.gif
pt_700
i'm curious too! as a motorcyclist, i gotta say it would be a good idea to wear a full face helmet regardless of the law.

nothin' like some flyin' debris to mess up that pretty face!
AndyB
914 doesn't require a helmet.
Dave_Darling
So, which motor would you swap into the Slingshot?

And how many years would it take? wink.gif

--DD
tygaboy
Another advantage is that you'll only ever need three jack stands....
DM_2000
There is one of these riding around a few miles from me, now I know what it is.

This is in addition to a 917 Laser kit car ( VW bug power ) and a Mercedes SLS. I'm betting that they all belong to the same guy as there are not than many people with $$$ in this area. All of these cars have been spotted with a 1 mile radius of a $$$ house with a garage bigger than most houses 'round here.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 29 2017, 11:48 AM) *
So, which motor would you swap into the Slingshot?
And how many years would it take? wink.gif

agree.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.