914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Looks Photoshopped to me.

Look at every third window...

Love it just the same
Chris H.
It's crazy that no matter what mods are done to a pre-'68 bus it almost always looks cool.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
Wished that I had kept my '67 bus ... sold it in the early '80s for $2,600. dry.gif
Chris H.
Yeah we all have at least one that got away. I still miss my '64 sunroof beetle 30 years later. $2600 sounds like decent money for back then. What did you buy it for? $1000?
euro911
Paid $1,600. for it in 1975, but then I had the motor rebuilt and a few other upgrades. I only had it for 3 years, then sold it to purchase a '59 Ford 4x4 PU truck and an Alaskan hydraulic camper aktion035.gif

My first car was a '64 rag-top sunroof bug that one of my brothers gave me in 1970. It came with a knocking #3 rod, so I got to rebuild the motor before I could really drive it anywhere driving.gif
Larmo63
1964 was the first year that the Volkswagen bug had a steel sunroof, Goober.
euro911
Well, then it must have been a '63?, Goob ...

Click to view attachment

It came from a non-title state (Alabama) where my brother was stationed in the Army. I thought we registered it here as a '64 confused24.gif
mgp4591
You remember anything past the 60s?!? Wow... I'm impressed! smoke.gif aktion035.gif
DM_2000
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 29 2017, 03:24 PM) *

Looks Photoshopped to me.

Look at every third window...

Love it just the same

And the rear wheels of trailer are same size as bus front. ( they should appear smaller due to being farther away.
Chris H.
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 30 2017, 01:04 AM) *

Well, then it must have been a '63?, Goob ...

Click to view attachment

It came from a non-title state (Alabama) where my brother was stationed in the Army. I thought we registered it here as a '64 confused24.gif

You might both be right. My dad owned a '68 German market beetle in the 1970's that he got from a relative who imported it while in the service. It looked exactly like a '67 US model, which we all know is totally different and unique to the one year. If your brother was in the Army and bought it from someone on the base it could have been a European car.
Rand
Click to view attachment
Frankvw
So...that will turn out in a later version of this.
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.