Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door grease Lubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Got a new set of door stop rollers from Mikey 914 rubber to install and naturally while in in there...

Have a spray can of teflon grease. Yellow sticky goo. Have another spray can of silicon chain lube.

What's best for both door handles inside and outside? For the locking rods? For the door stay rollers? The window track and gears (late doors)?

Do you use something else than what I've got?

...and why can't both dooor stay rollers be metal? It's a thought.

mepstein
I use bicycle chain lube. Just a little bit. More than that and it just gets dirty faster.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 30 2017, 09:31 PM) *

Got a new set of door stop rollers from Mikey 914 rubber to install and naturally while in in there...

Have a spray can of teflon grease. Yellow sticky goo. Have another spray can of silicon chain lube.

What's best for both door handles inside and outside? For the locking rods? For the door stay rollers? The window track and gears (late doors)?

Do you use something else than what I've got?

...and why can't both door stay rollers be metal? It's a thought.

They can. I made these exactly like factory. I also do the 911 door stay kit. There are a few other differences, but it utilizes a aluminum roller for both. The main difference is that the 914 they cut costs everywhere they could. I can turn you an aluminum version if you want the cost is $2 more. Just me know. I may just do up a bunch and maybe have an option on these.

Yes, bike chain grease works well.

Mark
Andyrew
I use white litheum on all my cars, typically apply it at the end of the rainy season on all the hinges.
bandjoey
So I disassembled the door stay completely. Decreased all the parts. Install the new rollers. I can see why the black nylon wears out. It does not roll. Even greasing the sides and bearing surface of that roller pin it's a very tight fit into the metal framework The arm of the doors stay simply slides on that nylon and it never moves.

Wouldn't it be better if that roller rolled?
rjames
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 1 2017, 04:55 AM) *

I use bicycle chain lube. Just a little bit. More than that and it just gets dirty faster.

Make sure you are using bike chain lube specifically made for dry conditions. The other stuff will just attract dirt and grit and make the parts wear faster.
914_teener
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 1 2017, 02:47 PM) *

I use white litheum on all my cars, typically apply it at the end of the rainy season on all the hinges.

agree.gif

I do the same.

You can get a tube at the local Home Depot.
Andyrew
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 1 2017, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 1 2017, 02:47 PM) *

agree.gif

I do the same.

You can get a tube at the local Home Depot.

I get the stuff in a can and spray it on, then wipe up the residu with a towel.
ledfoot
Wurth HHS-plus work very well and will not attract the dust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.