Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: manufacturers sticker reproduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Edge
I think I read some where that some one is reproducing the manufactures build sticker for the rear door jam on the 914.
if so, they must be able to punch in the build date and serial number.
any leads are greatly appreciated.

Thank,
Bruce
cary
Socalandy is/was the guy. But I don't know if he's still doing them.
bbrock
I have the same question. I was also wondering if the sticker can be removed intact with some heat and patience to reapply after paint. I'm going to try, but would like to have a backup first.
cary
Brent give it a shot. But I don't think so. The inside is all cut with half circles like you'd see on an outside banner to let the air pass thru.
flmont
yea I need 1 to...
Bruce Edge
Thanks guys,
My sticker is starting to lift on edges. I can tell it want be reusable if I pull it off.
Doing a restoration on six. I've got it masked up but it's not going to
Give me the job I want. I'll try to contact the person you spoke off.

Thanks again,
Bruce
rstover
Try Aase sales. wwwaase.com i think
raynekat
This place in Poland (of all places) does a great job with Porsche stickers and these VIN stickers as well. Many people have used them with great success.

http://car-bone.pl/tags/1973/page/5/

BENBRO02
QUOTE(raynekat @ Oct 1 2017, 05:18 PM) *

This place in Poland (of all places) does a great job with Porsche stickers and these VIN stickers as well. Many people have used them with great success.

http://car-bone.pl/tags/1973/page/5/

I used them and it looks great but it was $77.
Bruce Edge
Thanks raynekat,
That's company I was looking for.

Bruce
914-4
914-6
356 A
356 notch
raynekat
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Oct 1 2017, 05:16 PM) *

Thanks raynekat,
That's company I was looking for.

Bruce
914-4
914-6
356 A
356 notch

I bought one of these vehicle compliance stickers for my 1971 914-4 with the tamper proof circles on them.
It looks dead on correct.
Beyond me why some people haphazardly try to mask them or remove them (the originals) and end up making them look like hell, when you can do this instead.
Same goes for the paint ID tag.
Just put a nice new one there and be done with it.
Car Bone can do this as well and put your paint code there as well.
carr914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 1 2017, 12:18 PM) *

I have the same question. I was also wondering if the sticker can be removed intact with some heat and patience to reapply after paint. I'm going to try, but would like to have a backup first.

No they can't and that is why they are masked off when a car is painted.

I used to do these Stickers, but they were a Pain in the Ass and I always thought I was sitting on the edge of a fence as far as the Law went.
Tom_T
SoCalAndy on here is still doing them, & has all the punching plus correct VIN stickers for the various MYs.

Send him an email or PM from here, since he's not always looking at the forum posts.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
raynekat
These "stickers" that were talking about here are "compliance" stickers that just happen to have the VIN on them. The real VIN's that DMV care about are on the windshield post, on the metal tag riveted in the front trunk and also engraved in the front trunk. DMV's don't really care about these "stickers" and if they're in place or what kind of condition they are. So there is no big deal removing a "wasted" sticker and replacing it with a nice one.
McMark
I've gotten a few from SocalAndy and they were great. I've seen pictures of the CarBone.nl ones. They look good as well. I've ordered other stickers from CarBone and they were of good quality.

Side note, last I heard CarBone was interested in pictures of original stickers for reproduction. I was working with them on a few 914 specific stickers.
Socalandy
Im still making them for all MY 914's and 911 up to 86. the first to make them availible, correct font and factory defects availible. better than the competition and here in the states flag.gif

$75 shipped, link to order form below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufs5gm0wtq4eluu/D...20914.docx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz8y7pm8hcg7xqn/D...20911.docx?dl=0
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
What sort of a turnaround time are you running for a 914-6 sticker, and what documentation do you require to make one?
Socalandy
Once I receive the completed order form 3-5 days. Snail mail or email your order form and pictures, your choice

I request a copy of registration and photo or pencil rubbing of the VIN stamping

Thanks in Advance!!!
Jett
I have purchased two and they look perfect!

Thanks Andy!

PS we are currently restoring our 75 Palma Green 2.0 and will be ordering another VIN sticker as masking never looks as good.

Cheers!

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Oct 2 2017, 07:26 PM) *

Im still making them for all MY 914's and 911 up to 86. the first to make them availible, correct font and factory defects availible. better than the competition and here in the states flag.gif

$75 shipped, link to order form below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufs5gm0wtq4eluu/D...20914.docx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz8y7pm8hcg7xqn/D...20911.docx?dl=0
Bruce Edge
seen on Samba this morning ad for vin. sticker. By Waxhead in Philadelphia.
Don't think it has perforations for numbers. Looks like he is asking $40. for two. ?.

Bruce
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif

Glad to hear you're still at it Andy. Great stuff. I think I've ordered 4 or 5 and they look great.
ValcoOscar
Andy-

I will PM info for two of my 914's....thanks.

BTW.... birthday3.gif

Oscar
flmont
How do you determine a build date my came without a sticker ??
Socalandy
QUOTE(flmont @ Oct 4 2017, 07:40 AM) *

How do you determine a build date my came without a sticker ??

I've had great success using the VIN database here Thks to SirAndy aktion035.gif look at the info for VIN's before and after yours to zero it in. If you need help just PM me your VIN. example from the database below

Your VIN Number:
locate your VIN

Engine Number:
Chassis Number:

Build Date:
03/70

Code:

Color:
Canary Yellow

Thanks
draganc
Hi Folks!

Does anybody know how to get in touch with SoCalAndy to obtain a VIN
sticker, respectively, any other US based source for the stickers?

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.