Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 Bumblebee back to original?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
teveo
I bought this car in 2008 and had it shipped from west coast USA to Norway (Rob Simes old car if someone knew it).

Plan was to use it for autox and trackdays but its been standing apart from the odd sprint on borrowed "dealer plates" as it wont pass inspections like it sit today.

A '74 model in this configuration is hard to register over here, both me and car is getting older and maybe I am better off making it a 4 cylinder again. In a 4 cyl configuration I could get it registered without much hassle. The 2.7 engine, complete rollcage and fuelcell need to go though.

Still on 4 bolt with Mahle burners, quite original, refer to album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4WovNM

IPB Image

Suppose I have to make a list, obviously need engine, fuel tank, some interior and other bits and pieces (original 914LE "Bumlebee"),

Any advice welcome, what should I start to source/collect and what parts would be hard to get?
mepstein
I see 2.0 Fuchs. But I agree, if it’s going to be near impossible to register as-is, this is a car worth bringing back to stock. You will probably get good money for the 911 engine. Start making a detailed list of what you need and then place a WTB, want to buy, in the world classifieds. The good thing is that everything you need to take back to stock is available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.