Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to Buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
I'm looking for a set of stock 94mm/2.0 4cyl. piston rings. I see that there are a number of quality manufacturers out there Mahle, Hastings, Goetze, etc. still making them, but who sells them?

The usual suspects seem to have most everything else, but not 94mm.

Thanks in advance!
Konrad
914Sixer
Autohausaz.com has them but they want $19.70 per cylinder for Goetze. AA Performance Products has Grant rings for $30 per set. I used the Grant rings.
IronHillRestorations
I have some Goetze
TheCabinetmaker
Hastings sells to the public
porschetub
If you have stock pistons I would look @ what Perry has ,Goetze rings are proven I have seen 'break in" issues with aftermarket rings,I have the Hasting set in one of my T4 motors and had no issues so far,there are things to consider.
To me its all about careful measurement of the piston ring grooves ,bore specs and correct ring gap in the same,I think that's where some go wrong with used pistons and barrels,good luck.
Mark Henry
I've used several sets of Deve's rings with good results, you can get them from aircooled.net

Goetze rings are hard as hell, takes at least 1000 miles to seat proper. But they work good once seated.

Hastings are good.

Grant are OK if on a low budget, but I hate the funky oil control ring spacer. IMHO it's only about $30 more for better rings.
krazykonrad
Thanks y'all. I really appreciate it.

Konrad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.