Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 914- conversion transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ClayPerrine
I am selling the transmission from my six conversion. The 4.0 engine is going to use the boxster 6 speed, and this won't fit a 4 cylinder, so it is not needed.

1971 911 transmission converted to 914 side shifter. This uses the 71 911 225mm clutch assembly. It will fit any engine up to and including a 3.0 with no modifications (a 3.2 will have to have a notch cut in the bell housing for the DME sensor), and a factory 911 clutch. It has a billet intermediate plate, and a Guard torque biasing differential. The gearing is A,F filpped ZD, S, ZD. Gearing is great for a 2.4 S motor. I am including the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel. The trans does not need a clutch cable pulley, and it uses a 911 clutch cable. This means that there is no pressure on the clutch tube in the chassis. I can include the whole side shifter setup as well. Trans is well sorted, shifts great, and can be bolted in today.

The differential is going for around $1200.00. Parts for the trans rebuild are about $1000 these days. Clutch is 4 to 500 dollars for a kit.

Asking $9000.00. This does not include shipping.

It is still in the car, so I will have to pull it first.

Also, for full disclosure, the throw-out bearing is unique to a 70/71 911 and is getting a bit pricey. But I put a new one in about 3 years ago, and it has been down for 2 years with the engine problem.

Clay Perrine
sixnotfour
Is 9000 correct ?? not judging , just checking , I have a pile of em
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 4 2017, 11:35 AM) *

I suspect your thinking just a standard sideshift trans.. Thats what I thought when I first read it..
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 4 2017, 04:16 PM) *

I suspect your thinking just a standard sideshift trans.. Thats what I thought when I first read it..

Yes, the price is correct. It is not a standard 914 side shifter. It is a 71 911 trans modified with 914 side shifter parts. It uses the 225mm clutch that was used all the way through the 3.2 engine. It also has a Guard Torque biasing diff, a billet intermediate plate, and it got new bearings, syncros, and sliders when it was built.

Definitely NOT a stock 914 trans.

sixnotfour
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 4 2017, 01:16 PM) *

70/71 911 ,,I now what he has ,,,and what I have
Larmo63
I have a 2.4S engine in Underdog. This is exactly what I'd like to end up with in the car, but it's way out of the budget.
PlaysWithCars
~$2,700 in parts (OP's numbers), plus some labor to rebuild. Are the 70/71 911 cores going for >$5,000 now? I knew early parts were going up in value but didn't realize they were that high now.

Too bad because this would be a nice trans to put behind the 2.4 that Jeff built for my car. I just picked up a Guard to build one, but this is plug and play.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Oct 4 2017, 09:55 PM) *

~$2,700 in parts (OP's numbers), plus some labor to rebuild. Are the 70/71 911 cores going for >$5,000 now? I knew early parts were going up in value but didn't realize they were that high now.

Too bad because this would be a nice trans to put behind the 2.4 that Jeff built for my car. I just picked up a Guard to build one, but this is plug and play.

You realize this is not just the transmission. It also comes with the throttle linkage, all of the clutch parts, and the complete shift linkage..

If you think I am too high.... then make me a offer.

PlaysWithCars
Hey Clay, no disrespect meant. I'm constantly in awe of the rate at which early air cooled parts have been increasing and was surmising that the unique 70/71 transmission was what was driving the price for this kit.

No, I didn't see that ALL of the other parts were included in the package. This is a complete kit that will get someone well on their way for a -6 installation. GLWTS
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Oct 5 2017, 11:33 PM) *

Hey Clay, no disrespect meant. I'm constantly in awe of the rate at which early air cooled parts have been increasing and was surmising that the unique 70/71 transmission was what was driving the price for this kit.

No, I didn't see that ALL of the other parts were included in the package. This is a complete kit that will get someone well on their way for a -6 installation. GLWTS

None taken. I just wanted to clairfy what all was included. It is basically plug and play for a six engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.