Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagle molds for sale on the bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
wut do they turn the car into? looks almost like a 904
PatW
904? I don't think so. Its's a Ferrari Dino look a alike conversion pirate.gif

Folks interstred in these molds should contact me.

Pat
chatsmiley.gif
Kansas 914
More than you probably want to know here: Eagle GT
Lawrence
Hey Mike,

Welcome to the BBS. Where in Kansas are ya from?

-Rusty smoke.gif
Kansas 914
Hi Lawrence,

Thanks!

Residing in Andover (Wichita). I might have the only teener in Andover! I would love to hear from another - if you are out there.

If you need me to look at anything in Wichita for you let me know. I seem to remember you bought a donor from there.

I am restoring a 72 1.7 Willow Green that I have owned since 1978. It was stored (garaged) for over 18 years. I have spent most of the Winter getting parts together.

Do you know of any good "motorshops" in Wichita? I would like a new Jake Raby motor but very tough for me to ship the motor to him. My 1.7 runs good - but has an oil leak (return tube I think) and the clutch is slipping really badly - might as well do a complete rebuild now.

Mike Moorman
914@cox.net
Lawrence
Hi Mike,

Soooo... you took the email address 914@cox.net! I tried to get it, and it was already taken. biggrin.gif

About the motorshops... No, I don't know of any out that way. I've heard there's a P-Car/914 guru in KC, but haven't gotten a name for him yet.

Yeah, I was supposed to get that chassis, but the buyer flaked out and wanted to double the shipping charges after the auction was through. I told him to stuff it. Since you're local, it might be a good deal for you.

A complete rebuild for a push-tube leak and a clutch? That's an afternoon's work, if everything is clean, and you have all the parts in advance. Have you checked clutch adjustment? (On Sunday, I installed front brakes, bled the system, torqued the suspension and installed a clutch package & flywheel on my 914/6). A simple clutch job should be easy.

Are you in the local PCA region? I haven't heard much about it, so I've kept my membership with the Maverick region.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Huey1092
When I was working in KC, I used to take my 914 to Bob Hinson Racing, downtown. They had one mechanic who was a 914 guy and he was very familiar with the 914 and liked to work on them. Some of the younger mechanics there weren't interested in doing a 914 as they were "Porsche mechanics!" Shop rate was a bit steep, but they stood behind their work and have been there for some time, if that helps!
VegasRacer
Hey - Huey1092
Welcome to the BBS. I see you are in Vegas also. boldblue.gif
We have someting else in common. I grew up in Overland Park.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.