Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good luggage space
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
einic
Does anybody else find the 914 luggage compartments sufficiant for everyday use?
6 x 50 litres bags in the front. !!Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
The fact that this car has two trunks/boots that you can load up and still carry a spare tire/tyre and STILL stow the top, is just one of the many attractions of this small car. Nice looking 914 by the way. More Pics?
IronHillRestorations
You can get eve more stuff up front if you move the spare to the rear trunk. There's a threaded boss in the trunk floor.
Evil Older Brother
Spare in trunk and you can fit a keg in the front.

beer3.gif I know for a fact.
bandjoey
Lay out a plastic Sheet over the front trunk
Load up with ice, watermelons and drinks.
Go to the party
ClayPerrine
If you don't have AC, you can put a pony keg in the front and still close the lid. Just pack it in ice, drive to your destination, open front trunk and tap the keg. beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

We use Betty's 914 to go to the grocery store. Carries lots of groceries, but you have to make sure you don't load the milk or ice cream in the back trunk.

Clay

adolimpio
It's the only two seater that can carry two sets of golf clubs, plus I can put my wife's pull cart in the front trunk.

Someday I'll figure out where they put the engine!
SKL1
Tons of room- way back when my dad and I would go in either his or my 914 to Road America from Iowa with a 9X16 tent, sleeping bags, clothes, coolers, etc for a weekend of racing and camping- we would set up and people would look at us and the car, and look again wondering how the hell we did that. My dad was a master at packing.
In the early 70's, I'd take out the front spare, and sneak my BIL into the infield at the Daytona 24 in the trunk...
Nothing else like it for the size!!
mark04usa
I had a construction business in the eighties, and when my truck was down, I used the 914 to fetch some materials. Took the rear trunk lid off, drove to my roofing supplier and loaded five bundles of shingles into the 914. Didn't have far to go with this 400 lb load, but the 914 didn't snort or complain a bit. beerchug.gif
michael7810
Here's mine loaded for 3 weeks in the mountains...including the AC unit

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PlaysWithCars
That's pretty impressive!

One of the things I appreciate about the 914 is the well thought out packaging. Its a small, light, nimble car yet it has tons of hauling capacity and I'm 6'4" and fit in the car. Fantastically engineered solution. To me the elegance and depth of the solution is demonstrated well in the flexibility to mount the spare in the front or rear trunk while still being able to store to top.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.