Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV Joint boots...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I ordered some boots for the /6 that I squirrled away for "just in case". But I need to R&R one on the Aubergine car.. I've found a small cut that started to sling grease.

Are the boots the same for both 4s and 6s? I'm pretty sure the CVs themselves are different. unsure.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
ArtechnikA
ETKA says the boot is unique to the 914.6 and the "sealing sleeve" that consists of everything from the boot to the CV joint covering flange for the /4 are different.

but AFAIK the only real difference between /4 and /6 CV's is the count of the inner spline.

so - they're *probably* interchangeable, unless the /4 boot is vulcanised to the inner flange or something, in a VW value-engineer cost-cutting move. i haven't done /4 CV's so i can't say for sure there...
skline
Rusty, I have one here that I was going to use on one of my cars, maybe even two. I bought them a few years ago on Ebay. I used two and still have two left. Let me know if you need them. I dont think they are NLA?
SLITS
You can find boot kits from Tweeks (just looked at their catalog). I'm sure that PP, AA, GPR, etc have them too; they ain't that special.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.