Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I am in need of a new thermostat and My search has me in sticker shock!
Is there a vender out in the cyber space that has a price that won't break the bank?
WTF.gif
Bob L.
http://awesomepowdercoat.com/thermostat_ne...ed_rebuilt.html

Breaking the bank is a relative thing. They are the only ones I know of.
RenoRoger
QUOTE(80cap @ Oct 4 2017, 01:33 PM) *

Is there a vender out in the cyber space that has a price that won't break the bank?
WTF.gif

I am in a similar situation. Has anyone ever converted the flapper linkage to manual operation with a push/pull cable like an old fashioned carburetor choke?
bandjoey
QUOTE(80cap @ Oct 4 2017, 03:33 PM) *

WTF.gif

Post WTB in the classified. YOu'll find one there.
914Sixer
NOS one's are in the $200-$250 range. Got to pay to play.
jvmarino
A used one will fail sooner rather than later. Just get one from Awesome Powdercoating and be done with it for another 20 years. I went the used route (only option at the time) and when that failed 2 years later got the new one from AP. It is a simple direct replacement with the proper failsafe, unlike the VW alternate offered on later year bugs.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Oct 4 2017, 06:16 PM) *

WTF.gif

I am in a similar situation. Has anyone ever converted the flapper linkage to manual operation with a push/pull cable like an old fashioned carburetor choke?

Ragnar, I have a good used one on the shelf. I'll be back in town later tomorrow through Saturday morning...
porschetub
Not worth gambling on this important part,oh and don't buy the cheap Mexican wax cartridge type...they get stink reviews on the Samba.com.
Why the hell Porsche stopped making them I fail to understand,they claim and are proud they are making lots of old parts again.....what about these,hell its not they only built a few T4 motors headbang.gif headbang.gif .
Mblizzard
Awesome Powercoating gave one of their thermostats away at Okteenerfest. I was a bit disapppiointed this part did nit raise more interest as it was flawless. I woul;d go with new over NOS.
Porschef
Almost four years with mine from AP and it's still perfect.. aktion035.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I agree with the new one. I bought a $50.00 one from an unnamed Porsche dismantler in cali. Lasted 3 months.
76-914
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Oct 4 2017, 01:39 PM) *

http://awesomepowdercoat.com/thermostat_ne...ed_rebuilt.html

Breaking the bank is a relative thing. They are the only ones I know of.

That is totally reasonable, IMHO. Especially when you consider they are NLA from Porsche and it's for a 45yo car!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Oct 4 2017, 06:16 PM) *

WTF.gif

Ragnar came and picked up mine today. He's going to put it in hot water and make sure it does its thing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.