Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of crap is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Saw this on evilbay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2421908471

What the heck is this supposed to be?

- Joe assimilate.gif
Bleyseng
IF you can make that work with Djet more power to you!!!

Geoff
seanery
snake oil, methinks
Qarl
We hashed this through on Pelican Parts.

This is a crock of shit scam.

All you get is a 4.7K ohm resistor that you put in the circuit of your AFM. Which won't really help you with D-jet very much.

It really won't help with L-jet either.

This is some guy out to make a quick buck thinking he can market it to ALL cars.

I've been e-mailing the bidders so they will knwo what they will get for their $4.99 plus S/H.

Scammer!
KaptKaos
Karl,

I thought it was a scam. I hadn't seen it before and was curious.

What's next, one of those intake tornados?

Have a good night.

- Joe
Aaron Cox
i saw it and laughed.... laugh.gif
Andyrew
I asked the seller a couple questions as how it could work on a 914, he had no idea. Asked him where his supplyer is cus he couldnt answer any of my questions, and I bet doesnt even know how the product really works. His response was a little snapy, I guess he figured I wasnt going to buy it cus I was asking questions which he couldnt answer.. "He is out of Germany , I don't think he has a website. He races Ferrari's and BMW's and use this . Go get one from a dealer dude. you have nothing better to do than nag people."

O well.
Eric Taylor
wow... eBay ceases to amaze me with the crap that goes up forsale.
I've been burned twice on there. One time the state got involved because the guy never recieved the item I shipped. When I showed the state a slip from the shipping company showing it delieverd and signed for, there word's were "oh". People will pull any kinda shit.
Eric
Lawrence
happy11.gif

I emailed the seller asking for a picture of the kit, and tech specs.
Andyrew
Rusty, I asked him the same thing, and he told me this.. twice..

"IT is a circuit that you place in the ait sensor. It has instructions on where to locate it and how to install. once you have installed it , it lets your engine take in more air and turns it into energy inturn performance. You will feel the difference..
I have run in it mine and I take mine for serivce at the dealer. They run it on the computer and always check out good. It take like 5 mins. Come with instructions. Thanks"

and here was my response

"How can it let your engine take in more air? the only way that would seem to be correct is if it opens up the throttle body, but then you will lean out the engine and eventually blow it up. Also how would I connect it to the computer? I would have to have a stand alone system to be able to make it do anything aside from cause resistance. Please fill me in!!"

then he just said the first thing again... Ehh, reason why I dont deal with dumbies. Oh ya and what is a 969? (ya I know he ment 968, but still)

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.