Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May I thank a forum member (saigon71) ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dax1969
Hi to all of you,

Perhaps uncommon but I hereby would like to thank Bob aka Saigon 71 for what he did for me !!

Amazing that in this world there are still people trying to help other people !!! He doesn't know me, asked no money (although I offered some petrol/beer money) but he did a extensive PPI on a car for me. The detailed info, pictures and personal opinion he gave were very crucial to me.

And if buy or don't buy the car... that doesn't matter... Bob is a supermember (I know plenty others here biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

Sorry for being mellow perhaps but I appreciate his efforts very much and just wanted to let you know that this platform is incredible.

greetings
Dax

btw I had another car inspected a while back and that member gave me the advise to walk away....afterwards I heard that he bought the car himself hahaha bummer
Dion
Dax, that’s very cool of you to give a shout out.
Bob is a terrific fellow. Glad he helped you out.
Good luck with your endeavors.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dion @ Oct 6 2017, 02:53 PM) *

Dax, that’s very cool of you to give a shout out.
Bob is a terrific fellow. Glad he helped you out.
Good luck with your endeavors.

agree.gif one of the guys who makes the World great.
Dave_Darling
No, you may not thank a member! We have to be as grumpy and ungrateful as possible!

.... just kidding .... biggrin.gif

--DD
walterolin
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 6 2017, 04:20 PM) *

No, you may not thank a member! We have to be as grumpy and ungrateful as possible!

.... just kidding .... biggrin.gif

--DD

Channeling the Captain - who was actually a pretty good guy.
dax1969
As said there are a lot of good guys here... in my soft moment I entirely forgot that also keith aka altitude411 did a great ppi for me... and no he is not the one who bought the car himself biggrin.gif

Cheerio
Dax
porschetub
I have had the same experience on here, people amaze me how they go out of their way to help, I have received items from some members for free,so often I see members offering parts for shipping only just to help others,by far the best forum I have been on.....and I have been on many trust me on that.
BeatNavy
Bob is the man. He is by far my favorite member from Dillsburg, PA.

Seriously, he is a good dude, and not just because he let me use his bathroom at Hershey last year. Bob rocks smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Oct 6 2017, 11:27 AM) *
May I thank a forum member?

Yes, you may. As long as it's not Eric. Everyone hates Eric these days.
shades.gif
mb911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2017, 02:49 PM) *

shades.gif

LOL Still not sure why.. IS it bad if I don't hate him? I feel like a non conformist
Dave_Darling
Aw, maaaan! Now we have to hate you too!!!

--DD
914dave
Bob is a good dude. Not surprised to hear this. I suppose theirs alway a few good ones in the bunch. He makes the rest of the group seem better. Hahaha
Porschef
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2017, 06:49 PM) *

shades.gif

lol-2.gif

And Bob's yer uncle.

A seriously righteous dude...
saigon71
Dax:

The PPI was paid forward by other 914world.com members.

Many members on 914world have been very kind and helpful to me during the four year restoration of my car. Some sent parts for the price of shipping and some wouldn't even accept money for shipping. Some of the parts even came from folks I had never met!

That seems to be the way things work here, so I was happy to give something back to 914world. Plus, I got to hang out with the seller and another Porsche guy (both very cool dudes) for a few hours and talk cars.

Not to mention the intense, hair raising test drive with the seller on the twisty back roads. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
This place is great and many of the members here help keep the spirt of the 914 alive.
I'm really glad Andy has nurtured a community that is truly about enjoying thrse cars, and sharing the information we need to keep them on the road.
Matty900
Bob is a great guy. I met him early this year when he hosted a BBQ at his house and coordinated a drive to Gettysburg and Air Cooled Racing before the Hershey Swap Swap. first.gif beerchug.gif Very good guy!
Dr Evil
I love boobs! Oh, wait, Bobs good too. Lots of good folks on here, even Eric.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.