Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
Can someone tell me if the transmission mounts for the 911 are the same used for the 914? My local shop has some 911 in stock but I need them tomorrow.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mmascari @ Oct 6 2017, 07:37 PM) *

Can someone tell me if the transmission mounts for the 911 are the same used for the 914? My local shop has some 911 in stock but I need them tomorrow.

Yes, the 911 mounts are the same as the transmission mounts on a side shifter 914, and both the transmission and engine mounts on a tail shifter 914.

mmascari
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 6 2017, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mmascari @ Oct 6 2017, 07:37 PM) *

Yes, the 911 mounts are the same as the transmission mounts on a side shifter 914, and both the transmission and engine mounts on a tail shifter 914.

Thank you!
GeorgeRud
Actually, there are slight differences (even between 914-4 and 914-6) in the mounts, but they’ll work fine.
SirAndy
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 6 2017, 08:52 PM) *
Actually, there are slight differences (even between 914-4 and 914-6) in the mounts, but they’ll work fine.

agree.gif

I use the 911 sport engine mounts as transmission mounts for my sideshifter and you may have to take a dremel to the mounting holes to make them fit perfectly but other than that they work very well.
smash.gif
ndfrigi
installed it on my previous 75 1.8.

Click to view attachment
arne
This was good and timely info, thanks to all. I had replaced the front mounts in my '73 when I had the engine dropped, but didn't do the rears. Ive felt that the drivetrain still has a fair amount of rock on throttle changes, figured I should do the rear as well.

Years back, shortly after I bought the 911, I put 4 sport mounts in it. I discovered then that the mounts I took out were also sport mounts and were quite fresh. So I have spare 911 sport mounts on the shelf. I think a pair of them will go in the 914 this weekend.
mmascari
Cool thanks for all the info. See how it works out later today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.