Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 & VW SMOG Gathering Ypsi, MI 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys & Gals.

We had our official kick off gathering to Mid-West-Classic Aug 5-7, 2005 today. Every year our SMOGer's get invited to a local VW meet in Ypsilanti, MI Gay Stellmach & myself started going to the VW meet (5) years ago. They welcome us every year with open arms. This morning started off with sun shine, but @ noon rain drops started to fall. You can't believe the interst in our 914's.

I will attach a number of pictures with a little information for the new guys found in our area. Our group is growing. They all want a RUST FREE 914. Have we heard this before.

Tom
BTW
Bob Biess from Dearborn MI a newbie joined us today. He wants to buy a rust free 914. He's also a Photography expert. Hope he joins in with pics. Welcome Bob & Carl from St. Clair Shores.
TJB/914
TJB/914
#3 Some of our SMOGer's (I am behind the camera)
TJB/914
Her's some of the VW Stuff. They arranged the VW's in a group spelling VW. they had an airplane fly over for photograph's. I bet they left us out of the big picture. They did however give us a better parking places this year.

Tom
TJB/914
#6 Lots of Bus's One of our 914er Mark had his bus (3rd one down) at the meet. He will have his 914 @ the MWC in Aug.
TJB/914
TJB/914
Listen up Bowlsby!!!

Welcome newbie Karl Schulz from Ann Arbor, MI with his very original LE. It has some origianl paint and owned by Karl, 20-yrs plus. Lots of pics taken

Tom
TJB/914
Karl's orig. side strips.
TJB/914
#9 More
TJB/914
#10 More
TJB/914
TJB/914
Wheel
TJB/914
LE Interior
TJB/914
Dave (Barber) started the 1s5 MWC in Toledo OH
Love Black
TJB/914
Back end
TJB/914
Marc LaFreniere's silver 914 from Ontario Canada. He also has a V/8 914 coming to MWC. He has a body shop and does beautiful work. You Canada guys have a gem in Marc. His buddy Mark also has a silver/grey in Marc's shop. It will also be at MWC. These guys rock. Contact him if you need body work done.
TJB/914
Marc
TJB/914
Marc again
TJB/914
New guy, Carl from St. Clair Shores ,MI
TJB/914
Another of our locals, Sebestan Gattica. He has 356's 911's, but likes his 914
Lots of silver cars today.
TJB/914
Ok, now I bore you with those origianl 6's.

Dick Zarbo our MWC leader. Thanks Dick for your leadership.
TJB/914
Zarbo again
TJB/914
Again with his new Camp Lighting system (looks good Craig)
TJB/914
Want to see an original 1970-6 Blaupunkt AM/FM radio. Dick got it from someone in Spain & now in the USA.

For you CW's.
TJB/914
opps
TJB/914
Here's one of my best 914 Buddy's Gary Stellmach. I just found out he is entered in competition @ 2005 Parade in Hersey. Give him all the support you can. We need him to bring back a trophy.

Gary's origianl 1970-6
TJB/914
another
TJB/914
Gary just installed a NOS Dash. He's ready for Parade.
TJB/914
That's all for now. My car is on Jack Stands for an Electrical re-do. I will be ready for MWC in August. Here's an interesting Green thing???

Tom
BTW
If Flatout is listening??? All those love sick single guys were asking about you. Will she be at MWC?????

Watch out they want a "free paint job".
JeffBowlsby
Tom et al...

Thanks for the photos of Karls LE, she's spectacular! I found Karl a couple weeks ago though PCA...which reminds me...I need to update the LE Registry with his info and pics, I have been away on vacation and have not had a chance to do that yet. His Creamsicle also earned 1st place, Preservation group, Parade....2001(?)...maybe you know that already. Glad he hooked up with SMOG....hope we will see him from time to time...maybe here even?
TJB/914
Forgot to add.

This is the 1999 VW show when Gary & I started the 1st annual spring gathering.

We have come a long way with the SMOGer's. From (2) to (???)

Gary's 914-6 with plain Hub Caps & my 914-4 (both yellow)

Tom
Eric_Shea
I have my SMOG shirt on today... and I wasn't even invited. sad.gif

Looks fun guys. We're hoping to be in MI this summer.

E.
Hawk
Geez,
I hope youre here for the MWC again Eric. We need a 914/6 judge of your caliber again.
Let me know when you arrive in the area.
-Dick
TJB/914
Hey All.

Get registered early for MWC. I understand our leader (Hawk) will be away on vacation & business travel the month of June.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.