Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of O/T
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
When my oil cooler let go I had oil on the LH side header which burnt off leaving a lot of staining on my ceramic coating.
Tried several times to get it off but no real results,about to try acetone after that I'am lost for idea's.
TIA
mepstein
Lacquer thinner
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 8 2017, 09:47 AM) *

Lacquer thinner

Thanks Mark will try it.
DM_2000
I'd see what the coating people say. I'd be tempted to use oven cleaner to remove carbon.
porschetub
QUOTE(DM_2000 @ Oct 8 2017, 12:53 PM) *

I'd see what the coating people say. I'd be tempted to use oven cleaner to remove carbon.

Don't know who did the coating,won't be putting on what you suggested sorry too expensive to risk that,had some success with the thinners but not easy...baked on sad.gif .
'73-914kid
Ceramic coatings are porous unfortunately.. they stain extremely easily, and can be almost impossible to clean once the oil is baked on..

At least they're on the bottom side of the car..
Maltese Falcon
If it is a JetHot ™ style coating, and you haven't driven + baked it on the coating for too long : I have used a mild dish soap solution with a fine scotch brite pad. You are basically just burnishing down the coating very finely, but really depends how long it was driven and baked on.
porschetub
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 9 2017, 07:03 PM) *

If it is a JetHot ™ style coating, and you haven't driven + baked it on the coating for too long : I have used a mild dish soap solution with a fine scotch brite pad. You are basically just burnishing down the coating very finely, but really depends how long it was driven and baked on.

Thanks Marty,emailed the OP and he just replied saying it is that style of coating,not driven much like this, beer.gif .
Will report back when I'am on jackstands again biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.