Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine rpm mismatch...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BGman
Is it completely unusual to have a 200 rpm mismatch between the dash and a stand-alone tach/dwell meter that you hook directly to the coil? My gut feeling is to believe the meter in my hand.
-g
BIGKAT_83
I've made a setup with a function generater to recalibrate tachs for V8 conversions and use it to check the tach and make sure its good before I go to the trouble of opening it up.
If you are only off 200rpm at 6K that would be better than any I've seen yet. The 7 or 8 I have done are all over the place from 5 to 20% wrong.
Most reading to high. Remember that these are 30 years old.

Bob smile.gif smile.gif
ArtechnikA
the Crane HI-6 has a tach-calibration function - also good for calibrating a shift light.
i haven't tried a factory tach but my AutoMeter has been spot-on.
BGman
Thanks Bob-
Your reply leads me to the obvious next question- if I know my tach is 200 rpm off, is there an easy way to true it? Ultimately you are right, 200 rpm is minor...BUT, if it is a fairly easy process I might give it a whirl...
bd1308
hey, are you greg from bowling green? i've been trying to call you......
Rhodes71/914
200 is not bad, mines off 1000.
redshift
Mine is off exactly -200 at 5600.

M
BGman
Yep that is me...sorry I could not meet up with you this past weekend. I REALLY wanted to come- but had too many commitments at church sunday morning to be able to skip. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

I sent you a PM.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.