Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s available to a good home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We always have 914s in stock in all price ranges. We usually service them so you can buy and drive home. Current inventory as of 10/9/2017 (besides our 914 collection cars, and total 914 restoration projects):

1973 Porsche 914 with 2.0 green new fuchs wheels complete service sold
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 red in restoration 19,500 when finished
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 red ready to deliver 23,500
1974 Porsche 914 2.0 limited edition black final touchups being done sold
1975 Porsche 914 1.8 light green original paint california car sold
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 black runs great needs cosmetics 13,500
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 blue sold
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 orange paint just finished sold
1975 Porsche 914 2.0 white working on it, red plaid seats, red stripes 18,500 when finished

This is the latest info as of May 8th 2018. If you are interested in any of these cars we can send you some photos and more information.
porsche-tom
any solid rolling tubs?
Ferg
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 9 2017, 06:45 AM) *

We always have 914s in stock in all price ranges. We usually service them so you can buy and drive home. Current inventory as of 10/9/2017 (besides our 914 collection cars, and total 914 restoration projects):

1973 Porsche 914 with 2.0 green
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 red
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 red
1974 Porsche 914 2.0 limited edition black
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 black
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 blue (may be sold)
1976 Porsche 914 2.0 orange

Rules state prices needed.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we have three all customer bail out on their restorations The other 147 914s we have are parts cars, and we are about to dismantle what is left and crush them, unfortunately

QUOTE(porsche-tom @ Oct 9 2017, 08:44 AM) *

any solid rolling tubs?
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=623
169]
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 9 2017, 09:48 AM) *
The other 147 914s we have are parts cars, and we are about to dismantle what is left and crush them, unfortunately

Please add the VINs to our database and mark them as "dead" ...
sad.gif
dax1969
Wait a minute... a bit confused here. If go and look on the AA site I see about a dozen 914s for sale but at the bottom I mostly see links to other cardealers...
Which cars are actually belonging to AA ?
I prefer not to buy fm dealers as theor cars are usually better on picture then in reality.. they are all "rustfree"... I'm overseas and can't inspect the cars myself. If AA wants to be nr1 of choice for the 914 community then I should be able to buy sight unseen and believe the description ? AA should know these cars in and out so if they say no rust whatsoever and technical topnotch then this should be correct or are they just like any cardealer/flipper ??

AA pls advise as I am on the hunt for a good one for a while now

Cheers
Dax
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we know the cars that we sell quite well, so have no excuses here. We always make sure that they run well and can be driven reliably and provide good photos. We sell many 914 not seen in the flesh to others.
Since we allow customers to list their cars on our site, you will see many many other 914s and other porsches there. Ours are not usually posted until they are ready to sell, but most sell before we have them ready to list. THAT is why I am posting the cars now in advance to them being ready.
For example the orange 76 is getting its original orange plaid seat inserts back!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Many who sell 914s honestly do not know what they are selling, so do not mean to represent it incorrectly but do all of the time. Many many people send photo shoots of 914s they are interested in purchasing to me for my opinion (in fact I spend most of my day reviewing pictures of 914s for sale) Unfortunately I see MANY 914s selling for high dollars that are just not worth that price, because of obvious problems. Many of those become our parts buyers as the cars need so much help. I do not like to see anyone buy a 914 and not get what they paid for and have buyers remorse.

A GOOD 914 these days is 20 thousand and up in my opinion. Standard requirements that cannot be compromised are:
Original color
fuel injection
all of its pieces bolted to the car
no poorly repaired body work

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Oct 9 2017, 12:12 PM) *

Wait a minute... a bit confused here. If go and look on the AA site I see about a dozen 914s for sale but at the bottom I mostly see links to other cardealers...
Which cars are actually belonging to AA ?
I prefer not to buy fm dealers as theor cars are usually better on picture then in reality.. they are all "rustfree"... I'm overseas and can't inspect the cars myself. If AA wants to be nr1 of choice for the 914 community then I should be able to buy sight unseen and believe the description ? AA should know these cars in and out so if they say no rust whatsoever and technical topnotch then this should be correct or are they just like any cardealer/flipper ??

AA pls advise as I am on the hunt for a good one for a while now

Cheers
Dax
seds424
Dr. 914 and community, I am looking to sell a vehicle. The body is a 1976 VIN 4762900264. I purchased the body shell from Dr 914 in February 2014 for $4500 dollars. It is silver in color. I'm assuming Dr. 914 will remember it and can vouch for its condition.
I have lovingly re-engined the car with the 1.8 L-jet FI motor from my now deceased 1975 donor car, VIN 4752906472. It runs very well, no mechanical issues.

I only want a fair price and for the car to go to a good home. I owned the 1975 donor car since 2007 until it went to 914 heaven in 2015.

I will post pictures soon on this site under a new post.
I have moved to California and will be living in my RV soon. Time to let my baby go. Unfortunately I do not have the title for the 1976 vehicle. I have the title for the deceased 1975 and the bill of sale for the 1976 body shell from Mr. Hussey.

Any interest?

Mark Sedlacek
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Would love to see pics of it, Mark. Where is the car? you can send pics to my personal e mail address dr914@autoatlanta.com

QUOTE(seds424 @ Oct 10 2017, 12:47 PM) *

Dr. 914 and community, I am looking to sell a vehicle. The body is a 1976 VIN 4762900264. I purchased the body shell from Dr 914 in February 2014 for $4500 dollars. It is silver in color. I'm assuming Dr. 914 will remember it and can vouch for its condition.
I have lovingly re-engined the car with the 1.8 L-jet FI motor from my now deceased 1975 donor car, VIN 4752906472. It runs very well, no mechanical issues.

I only want a fair price and for the car to go to a good home. I owned the 1975 donor car since 2007 until it went to 914 heaven in 2015.

I will post pictures soon on this site under a new post.
I have moved to California and will be living in my RV soon. Time to let my baby go. Unfortunately I do not have the title for the 1976 vehicle. I have the title for the deceased 1975 and the bill of sale for the 1976 body shell from Mr. Hussey.

Any interest?

Mark Sedlacek

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Would be great if you could fly out and take a day to do it Andy. We would pick you up at the atlanta airport, put you in a 914 or bolster, you could stay at my house and drive up there the next day, do the job, then come back, we will take you out, and back to the airport the next day.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 9 2017, 09:51 AM) *

The other 147 914s we have are parts cars, and we are about to dismantle what is left and crush them, unfortunately

sad.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
some of these cars in progress

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=623
164]
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and back to the front where some nice 914s are on display

Click to view attachment

I can never figure out when I take the photos right side up how they end up upside down!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 10 2017, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2017, 01:33 PM) *

I can never figure out when I take the photos right side up how they end up upside down!

Because your phone wasn't really right side up when you took the pic. Try turning it over next time. wink.gif With old school cameras it was obvious which side goes up. With phones, well, you're learning which side is actually the top.

Thank you very much
dr914@autoatlanta.com
914s getting their morning work ON

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2017, 01:17 PM) *
Would be great if you could fly out and take a day to do it Andy. We would pick you up at the atlanta airport, put you in a 914 or bolster, you could stay at my house and drive up there the next day, do the job, then come back, we will take you out, and back to the airport the next day.

sad.gif

I might actually be able to do that, i got some free airline miles ...
idea.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Excellent, Andy

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 11 2017, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2017, 01:17 PM) *

sad.gif

I might actually be able to do that, i got some free airline miles ...
idea.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
More pictures of the limited edition, about to be shipped off to the body shop for final touch up and detailing

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=623
469]Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The nepal orange 76 stripped and almost ready to go to the body shop for paint

We decided to paint this car because there were just too many small places in it that needed touchup and it was such a nice california car that it deserved better. We will be installing a new windshield and those fabulous original orange plaid seats when it comes back

dax1969
So this is the one for sale @ 14,5 k ?

Krgds
Dax
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The 73 Green 914 with the 2.0 fuel injected engine, is going to be sort of a street rod, with the ats wheels, low profile tires, 22mm front adjustable sway bar, white faced gauges, silver knit tan carpet set, performance springs, limited edition spoiler, and abs raised letter rocker panels. Pics here are of the jack posts and inner rockers. This car will be a good driver but CERTAINLY no princess!!!!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Here is an underneath shot of the red 2.0 we just brought it in. As typical of an illinois car, sort of rusty colored underneath but the floor pan is original and strong. Our next move is to take off the fiberglass rockers and see what we find! Guy said that the longs were "reinforced" We shall see! (at least it has nice stainless steel heat exchangers!!)

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well today, we got the green 2.0 running well after cleaning the fuel lines and installing a rebuilt factory fuel pump. We are cleaning the fuel tank and should have it back in shortly. We are also finishing up on the floor pan (we are installing two floor pan triangles, and then will reinstall the interior with new carpeting. We are reinstalling the side vinyl and roll bar trim, and completing a major service and brake job before taking it for a shakedown cruise with final details. Should have it ready at the end of next week

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The Red 73 2.0 is another matter. We knew that we would have to do a bit of work on this car as the owner said that he had had the chassis reinforced, and asl we started work on this car we really got into it, just as I thought. The original owner said that the chassis had been reinforced, so when we removed the fiberglass rockers we were not surprised to see reinforcement, but what they did was a TOTAL waste of time. Instead of replacing the inner rockers jack posts and sill plate, they spent HOURS custom fabricating two big reinforcement panels and spot welded them onto the original parts! As you can see we cut them off, will be installing our new pieces, and return the car to its original state

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=625
906]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dax1969
Woow, is this the red 1973 " the one to have".... and "one owner original window sticker 2.0 runs well. 12,000 dollars." car ?

Glad I didn't jump right in biggrin.gif

good luck on fighting the rust devil

krgds
Dax

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes the same one, but was not ready to sell until we fixed it, so even if you had "jumped in" you would not have been able to purchase until we were finished with it.

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Oct 31 2017, 08:49 AM) *

Woow, is this the red 1973 " the one to have".... and "one owner original window sticker 2.0 runs well. 12,000 dollars." car ?

krgds
Dax

dax1969
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2017, 04:52 PM) *

Yes the same one, but was not ready to sell until we fixed it, so even if you had "jumped in" you would not have been able to purchase until we were finished with it.

krgds
Dax

good to know but how do you set price (in yr initial ad) without knowing what you will find ? Will you still sell it at 12 K now that you found this (and perhaps other issues ?).
Just asking as I had nearly closed a deal on a car which looked great but where rust was discovered during ppi and price went up to get it fixed

krgds
Dax

dr914@autoatlanta.com
I knew that I had to do some repair, but this was a good car with a margin in it, Just to give you an idea, I purchased it for 5000 plus 550 to get it here. Therefore I have 7500 to repair and make a small profit and put another 914 back on the road. This car has credential, has never been hit, and has all of the paperwork. PLUS we do cars like this all of the time, make the parts to repair, and can Zip through it as this damage is not bad at all. We have repaired MUCH worse (like brutus the 916!!!!) Anyway I am going to post pictures as we proceed so you can see how the repair is done, and how relatively easy it is. Steel rocker panels will go back on as well

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Oct 31 2017, 08:58 AM) *

krgds
Dax

good to know but how do you set price (in yr initial ad) without knowing what you will find ? Will you still sell it at 12 K now that you found this (and perhaps other issues ?).
Just asking as I had nearly closed a deal on a car which looked great but where rust was discovered during ppi and price went up to get it fixed

krgds
Dax
Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2017, 04:15 PM) *

I knew that I had to do some repair, but this was a good car with a margin in it, Just to give you an idea, I purchased it for 5000 plus 550 to get it here. Therefore I have 7500 to repair and make a small profit and put another 914 back on the road. This car has credential, has never been hit, and has all of the paperwork. PLUS we do cars like this all of the time, make the parts to repair, and can Zip through it as this damage is not bad at all. We have repaired MUCH worse (like brutus the 916!!!!) Anyway I am going to post pictures as we proceed so you can see how the repair is done, and how relatively easy it is. Steel rocker panels will go back on as well
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Oct 31 2017, 08:58 AM) *

krgds
Dax

krgds
Dax

i would be surprised if its just the rockers. Usually a car this bad needs the hell hole, engine shelf, suspension consoles, inner long under the hell hole, and rear pans.
Who knows what other poor quality repairs are under the respray.
dax1969
Interesting... will follow this thread
dr914@autoatlanta.com
actually not too bad. We have seen a lot of these cars bought by the original owners and driven in the winter for a few years where debris packs itself under the exterior rocker panels and gets the inner rockers and jack posts but not the floor pan battery area or longitudinals. This is one of them, not really a rust bucket and well worth repairing. Never damaged, lower miles, and very nice original trim.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
pics of the green 73 2.0 underneath

dr914@autoatlanta.com
so after completing the bracing process yesterday, today we begin cutting. Please notice that we are removing the parts as much as we can to the factory spot welds, and since we make all of the parts to repair, have them readily available with no waiting!

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This next picture or two shows a mockup of all of the steel parts we sell for this area and how they go together. Even for the best puzzle guy it is always nice to see the parts all together to use as a guide.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
We are working on both the Green 2.0 and the red 2.0, while the orange 76 is at the paint shop. As you can see we are getting down to clean metal on the red one, while the green just needs a small bit of repair.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
and the green one, not so bad

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Today, we are finishing the small bit of rear floor pan work on the green 2.0 Yesterday we installed a new master cylinder, and later today we will rebuild the left rear brake caliper and bleed the system. We are getting close to a test drive on the green one, then cleanup, install the new carpeting, and reinstall the interior. This will make a good driver for someone

Ferg
Dr, since you are lap welding those floor sections, how about a topside pic showing the tar removed and the weld areas properly sealed? Why not butt weld the sections in? I'd be worried about water intrusion on a lap weld.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no lap welding only butt welding! We are fitting and then trimming and then fitting and then butt welding. I HATE lap welding except for the butchers. On the other hand, we do spot weld where the factory originally spot welded so at the very back of the floor pan, the sections are spotted as are the floor pan triangles. We also are replacing the floor pan tar where we removed it keeping as much of the good original as possible. We will caulk and spot paint the repaired areas. Our intension is to save as much of the original pan as possible

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The red car is a bit more involved, but other than taking more time, is pretty straight forward. Cut out the old spot welds and then the rust, match the new parts to the cut out rusted areas, butt weld and spot weld where necessary coat caulk and paint. Here are pictures of the sectioned longitudinal, again keeping as much of the original structure as possible

SirAndy
Did some cleanup on this thread ...
dry.gif

Guys, y'all realize that the forum rules apply to everyone, right?
poke.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
so today on the 73 bahia red car, we removed the console for a recover by our own in house upholstery and carpet "girl" Sue, and welded in the longitudinal. We also removed the back pad for the first time in its life and found a spot there we are going to repair. We also removed the cb mount, the digital clock, and the power booster along with the wiring and exposed the original blaupunkt cassette wiring (we are going to reinstall the original cassette.

Our goal is to make this a very sound car and as original looking as possible.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well in two days does not look like we have accomplished much on the bahia red 73 but actually have: The long is welded in and we are not working on the door post and front right fender well. Thankfully the left side will be much easier as it never gets as much abuse as the right side.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The green one is coming along very nicely, we have replaced the master cylinder, rebuilt one of the calipers, repacked and adjusted the wheel bearings, and finished the small floor pan repair. We also installed the top vinyl and next week will install the side vinyl. The car runs nicely from a gas can, and we are cleaning and reinstalling the gas tank next week. The seat repair if finished, and we have the new carpet ready to install.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JOEPROPER
Build threads should be in the garage...
Too many pages to read trying to see what's for sale.
My 914
agree.gif

I like the build threads on these various cars but I think it would be better to list the cars for sale separately to make it easier to follow.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thanks for the comments. However, I do not think it appropriate to put cars for sale in the garage area. I put these cars up for sale to begin with as is if someone wanted a bargain, but then began to bring them to a higher level, still for sale, so that potential buyers could observe the complete process and witness what we are doing to each car. We are doing these all at one time, hence the multiple listing. After these three are sold, we will post the next one by itself. SO: here again is what is for sale here
Nepal orange 76 2.0 California car currently in the paint shop
Zambezi green 1973 with 2.0 engine, currently having the interior about to be installed and major service completed
Bahia red 73 2.0 inner rocker sill and longitudinal welding in process

All three are currently for sale
dax1969
Can you put prices on the 3 cars ? Thought this was compulsory in this section ?

Krgds
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 11 2017, 09:03 AM) *

Can you put prices on the 3 cars ? Thought this was compulsory in this section ?

Krgds

First thing I did in the opening statement, Dax. Please which one are you interested in purchasing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.