Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Axels for Subaru conversion needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MichiganMat
Gents,

Im working on sourcing axels for my WRX conversion and Im having some trouble. I've reached out to ColdWater914 repeatedly over the past 2 months and can't get in touch with them. Is there any other source for these axels? Or do I have to mock up a 911 / Subaru hybrid axel and send them out to an axle shop to have them custom made?

Id love to just checkbook this one!

Thanks,
Mat
sb914
Maybe renegade hybrids
JRust
QUOTE(MichiganMat @ Oct 9 2017, 07:56 AM) *

Gents,

Im working on sourcing axels for my WRX conversion and Im having some trouble. I've reached out to ColdWater914 repeatedly over the past 2 months and can't get in touch with them. Is there any other source for these axels? Or do I have to mock up a 911 / Subaru hybrid axel and send them out to an axle shop to have them custom made?

Id love to just checkbook this one!

Thanks,
Mat

Call Sway away. They will make what you need. You may need the spec's but I think those are floating on here somehwere. They may even have them.
MichiganMat
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 9 2017, 08:27 AM) *

Maybe renegade hybrids

Negative. Just chatted with them on the phone, no go.

I got recommendations for Advance Adapters, Mark Williams Enterprises, and for Driveshaft Shop.

Sway-Away will cut them if I send specs, so might end up going that route.

Open to other ideas! (what the heck happened to ColdWater?)
rnellums
I have a pair of Ian's axles. I builty own because my very low car was having some issues. Pm me and we can work something out.
spencerbai13
Dutchman axles shortened and resplined my 914 axles to a Subaru spline for $160 shipped. All you need is to provide a length

https://www.dutchmanaxles.com/
rnellums
QUOTE(spencerbai13 @ Oct 9 2017, 02:06 PM) *

Dutchman axles shortened and resplined my 914 axles to a Subaru spline for $160 shipped. All you need is to provide a length

https://www.dutchmanaxles.com/

Yes! And a good option. You just have to know the right length. about .25" of wiggle room in my experience, and I think it differs slightly from car to car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.