Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator tube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I tried to fit my new cable tonight but it seems that the white liner part of the old cable is stuck in the tube. headbang.gif

Any had this and how did you overcome it?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(JFG @ Oct 9 2017, 10:39 AM) *

I tried to fit my new cable tonight but it seems that the white liner part of the old cable is stuck in the tube. headbang.gif

just wondering if u unscrew the hardware attached to the front end cable that is use to attach to the pedal?
JFG
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 9 2017, 06:50 PM) *

just wondering if u unscrew the hardware attached to the front end cable that is use to attach to the pedal?

The cable was missing so nothing is on the pedal end.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(JFG @ Oct 9 2017, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 9 2017, 06:50 PM) *

The cable was missing so nothing is on the pedal end.

Maybe u can use a long metal wire to push out the old cable.
JFG
Click to view attachment

The above is an internal tunnel view of the accelerator cable end.

Somehow I would like to get a self tapper screw in there and pull it out this way

If I slide wire (might welding wire) in I think I will just jam in the end.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(JFG @ Oct 9 2017, 12:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The above is an internal tunnel view of the accelerator cable end.

Somehow I would like to get a self tapper screw in there and pull it out this way

If I slide wire (might welding wire) in I think I will just jam in the end.

I think u can push in a plier or small vice grip through front access and use mirror like u did and pull it.
JFG
I put the mrs phone in (just about) to take the pic. I've sprayed a load of wd40 down the tube and hopefully i'll be able to get a long flexi screwdriver tomorrow and try the self tapper method.

I just hope the plastic hasn't become too brittle to work with.

1 step forward 2 steps back!
jcd914
You might be able to use a long stiff wire to push it out from the engine comp side of the tube. I used part of a speedo cable to clear debris from one years ago.

Jim
JFG
It's out, took me the best part of an hour and probably would not have budged if I hadn't soaked it through with wd40. The plastic kept snapping as it was so brittle. It came out between 10 & 20mm at a time.

The way that worked for me was to screw in a self tapper at the firewall end and pull on this. Then when it broke repeat until I got it all out.
914_teener
Glad you got it all out.

That could habe turned into a tube replacement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.