10/10 note: on hold, pending trade for a speedo. The gauge, not the clothing!

FS: two combos gauges...with a caveat. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST...

Combo on left is a 914.641.101.50. Per P914, this is from "1974-1976 2.0L models in which the "Appearance Group" was not ordered, making them rare, but more common than the 1973 combo gauges." I bought this one when I removed my center console in my '74.

However, earlier this year I bought off eBay:

Second combo is a 914.641.102.40. Per P914 this is "the 1973 and very early 1974 model year Porsche 914 fuel gauge". It's slightly dented at around 2 o'clock.

So here's why you kept reading. I bought the second combo just for its fuel gauge, to install in the first combo. As such, what this is, and what you're looking at in the photos, is the fuel gauge from the second one installed into the first, making the first one fully functional, though the pins are in slightly different location. The fuel gauge second combo does not work, which is why I wrote on the fuel gauge in red sharpie "gauge dead". Further, the silver dot on the second gauge came loose and is rattling around inside.

So the first combo is fully functional, but with a different-than-native fuel gauge, and the second one is mostly spare parts.

Capiche?

Why sell? I bought a silver dot combo from a board member (actually bought it back, I had sold it to him), which I think was the correct gauge for my car (which by all indications, did not come with the center console the previous owner had sold me). So I don't need this one.

Both are for sale together. I think a USPS Flat Rate Medium box is $14 these days, so how about $65 shipped to continental US? Or maybe trade for a silver-dot speedo for my early '74? I'd actually prefer one of the earlier silver-dot 120mph units...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment