Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy air deflector for cooling. Change airflow under the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
11tenths
I'll take a pair of "Wingtip vortex generators", size 11 D, in brown, please.

sunglasses.gif

- HB
IronHillRestorations
I'll take two sets
CMONNETT
I'll take two sets.

Thanks,
Mueller
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 10 2017, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Oct 10 2017, 07:13 AM) *

Do these work better than the stock ones?

The stock one work ok, we have been playing with adding some small "wingtip" vortex generators. On the edges, it's a part that could be cut off for the concourse crowd, but would help improve the movement of air. I generally like to spring options right before the parts are ready, but yes there will be an improvement for those that want it. biggrin.gif

How many volts? smile.gif

Put me down for a set of "improved" upon design if make one.
rmdinmd
in for a set
johnhora
Oh I'm in for one set of those "wingtip" vortex generators also...
jim_hoyland
I’m in too
jim_hoyland
I’m in too
pete000
Whe can we see these wing dings?
bbrock
Just checking where this group buy stands. Three are a few other GB items I'm getting ready to order and wondering if this can be bundled in to save on shipping.
Mikey914
These will be in the next wave. I currently have 6 GBs open including the master cylinder, and I found my site can only take 5 codes at a time. I have a few other new items and will be grouping my GBs to save all money. The only catch is that when this group is closed, it's closed. I can't carry them over indefinitely, otherwise why do a GB?

914-300Hemi
I’m in for a set.
Mikey914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Oct 12 2017, 08:51 PM) *

Whe can we see these wing dings?

I just need to finish some machining, but also working on the master cylinder assembly and testing so it may be 10 days or so.
Mark
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 29 2017, 10:35 AM) *

These will be in the next wave. I currently have 6 GBs open including the master cylinder, and I found my site can only take 5 codes at a time. I have a few other new items and will be grouping my GBs to save all money. The only catch is that when this group is closed, it's closed. I can't carry them over indefinitely, otherwise why do a GB?

No problem. Just wanted to double check before placing my order for master cylinder and drop link bushings. Will get them ordered today.
JimN73
Mark, are these still open for Group Buy? One set please.
JawjaPorsche
I would like a pair if still open.
Noonan
I'd like set too.
cary
Mark stopped by for a test fit on the new air deflectors. They fit perfectly and look great.
mxkinn01
I too have one deflector that is broken and half gone. I'm in for a set as well.
914Rubber is the best.
bdstone914
If a car was an early 70-72 than there are no holes in the body to install them. Some measurements or a template for installation would be very helpful.
Garland
I’m still in for a set.
cary
I can do that. I just drilled them in Doug's car.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 8 2017, 05:42 AM) *

If a car was an early 70-72 than there are no holes in the body to install them. Some measurements or a template for installation would be very helpful.

For a template you really only need to know where the 1st hole is for the side. The rest you can use the part to mark the holes.

I'm very happy with the fit on these the tool is a little rough so we need to do some more polishing.

Will probably take about a week as it's tool steel, and we can start some production aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Rough test fit pics
GregAmy
I need a box on the shelf out there. Just keep putting parts in the box until it fills up, tape over the top and ship.

If these get done about the same time as the suspension bushings are ready to ship, may as well add two pair to the bill.
bbrock
And we FINALLY get to see what a vortex generator looks like. aktion035.gif
walterolin
One set.

Thanks - again.
74K914
One set.
Thanks
cary
Here's your starting point. Based on the 3 cars I looked at here at MiddleMotors the first bolt is 15mm from the jack point plate. But beware ................
Most cars have seen some sort of rust repairs so use the 15mm as a starting point. But make sure you can drill the holes and get your 8mm socket or nut driver on the other two 5mm bolts.
Click to view attachment

Here's the pilots modification the bottom edge.
Click to view attachment

I think Phil Knight has something like that on his G650.

I put them back on Doug's car for photos but forgot a couple shots. mad.gif Tomorrow
Mikey914
Good news is I will be able to better the offer a bit too. More to come
914six
Hi Mark,

would like a set also..

Thanks,
Harry
slotty008
I'm in for a set.
Larry.Hubby
If the buy is still open, I'll take a set too.
jcambo7
I'm in for a set!
theer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 8 2017, 08:42 AM) *

The Haynes manual has specific instructions (& measurements) on how/where to install these on early cars. I'll try to post pics later.

Tom

Mikey914
Awesomeness thanks,
Mark
74 sunflower 914
I would like a set as well.
theer
QUOTE(theer @ Dec 13 2017, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 8 2017, 08:42 AM) *

The Haynes manual has specific instructions (& measurements) on how/where to install these on early cars. I'll try to post pics later.

Tom

Ok - here are the pics (from page 194 and 197 of the Haynes manual). Not much there, but hope it helps. I recall having to dig some seam sealer off the weld seam to drill the holes, but it's pretty easy job:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Just running these tomorrow will be sending PMs out tomorrow evening.
Thanks all
DRPHIL914
can I get in on a set of these too Mark?
Mikey914
Yep just starting to open this one up and we'll be shipping product here within the next week. Also got a couple other little goodies I'm going to put a group Buy on. The sign up here.
Mikey914
Well looks like I will have to go into work early this week. I will be able to finish these up late next week, but will open these up with the rubber roof holders which we have changed the tooling on and improved them. A few of you may have got a set of these recently. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
PMs sent to all.
Thanks
Mark
tsvo
Mark, I would like a set of air deflectors as well.

Thanks,
Terry
jesse7flying
Count me in for a set. Thx. Maybe combine with the A arm tools?
Jesse
Mikey914
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Dec 21 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Count me in for a set. Thx. Maybe combine with the A arm tools?
Jesse

Unfortunately I think they all got shipped out. PM my your last name I'll check, if not no prob. biggrin.gif
trojanhorsepower
Aw man too late again!
Mikey914
No not too late I'll send a PM, The other items close tomorrow night, so if you need a Back pad in plastic or the A-Arm bushings (w or w/o tool), and the trailing arm in stainless with bushings. You'll need the codes, let me know.
Codes sent to all so far..
Mikey914
The other items that were on GB have closed out but leaving theses and the roof holders and cups up til the 15th.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.