Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport Reunion 2018
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3

The link to purchase tickets for PCA Members can be found in the article below

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-08-15/porsche...-seca-sept-2018

GeorgeRud
I doubt tickets will sell out, but best make any hotel reservations now as they’ll fill up quickly.
infraredcalvin
Tix probably not but the corals fill up pretty quickly...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 11 2017, 12:35 PM) *

agree.gif Corrals fill quickly. It’s a great way to park since you gotta pay anyway.
BTW: A number of 914’rs will be staying at the Howard Johnsons in Marina. It’s on Reservation Rd and a mile back from the ocean. We can enter the Laguna Seca facility from a back road just off Reservstion Rd and avoid the line of cars trying to enter the main gates.
HoJo is accepting reservations at this time: 831-883-8500
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 11 2017, 12:35 PM) *

agree.gif Corrals fill quickly. It’s a great way to park since you gotta pay anyway.
BTW: A number of 914’rs will be staying at the Howard Johnsons in Marina. It’s on Reservation Rd and a mile back from the ocean. We can enter the Laguna Seca facility from a back road just off Reservstion Rd and avoid the line of cars trying to enter the main gates.
HoJo is accepting reservations at this time: 831-883-8500

I'll bring a car or two this time....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 10 2017, 07:36 PM) *

The link to purchase tickets for PCA Members can be found in the article below

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-08-15/porsche...-seca-sept-2018

Thanks ! I thought Oct 11 was the 1st date.... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Ordered the 4 day ticket with Corral.
BTW the promo code needed to order id PCAADV
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 04:40 PM) *

I too have the 4 day pass and the 914 Corral.

Staying at the Embassy Suites with the Early 911S guys from Durango. I think we will have 7 cars there from Durango.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 11 2017, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 04:40 PM) *

I too have the 4 day pass and the 914 Corral.

Staying at the Embassy Suites with the Early 911S guys from Durango. I think we will have 7 cars there from Durango.

Be sure to get a parade lap ticket when they become available.; a real kick. Not sure when they offer them, maybe after the 18th when tickets go on sale
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 06:58 PM) *

Be sure to get a parade lap ticket when they become available.; a real kick. Not sure when they offer them, maybe after the 18th when tickets go on sale

Parade lap reservation / payment are done at the event. Details will be provided once you are at the track.
If you do want to go, get in line and sign up early. All sessions will sell out fast.
And yes. It is a total blast.
campbellcj
Ordered my 3-day pass yesterday, woohoo. I will probably camp as I usually do at Laguna but a hotel bed and warm shower can be very appealing those foggy early morns...
jeffdon
Did you need to get a 4 day pass to be in the corral last year?
jeffdon
Screw it, just got my 4 day pass with corral pass!!! Might have a little convoy headed down from the bay area. We plan on stopping at Canepa on the way down.
AZBanks
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 11 2017, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 06:58 PM) *

Parade lap reservation / payment are done at the event. Details will be provided once you are at the track.
If you do want to go, get in line and sign up early. All sessions will sell out fast.
And yes. It is a total blast.

I bought parade lap tickets in advance for RSR IV(2011) and RSR V(2015)

I got 4 day tickets with corral for my 944 S2 Cab and my son's 914. Let the car build begin.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 12 2017, 10:30 AM) *

Seems like the corral was a separate item previously ? But I did get a 4 day pass last time.

The corral is great just for the parking; next to the infield, no door-ding worries, and fun meeting other 914 owners in the same spot.

I'm going to volunteer for one day too....
AZBanks
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 12 2017, 06:37 AM) *

Ordered my 3-day pass yesterday, woohoo. I will probably camp as I usually do at Laguna but a hotel bed and warm shower can be very appealing those foggy early morns...

Camped for RSR IV in 2011. Waking up to the sounds of old quad cam racers screaming by in the fog was one of my top ten best mornings ever!
Betty
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Thanks for that promo code. Clay and I have four day GA tickets now, we already had reservations at the Howard Johnson. It will be spectacular! smilie_pokal.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Betty @ Oct 13 2017, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Thanks for that promo code. Clay and I have four day GA tickets now, we already had reservations at the Howard Johnson. It will be spectacular! smilie_pokal.gif

Great ! Maybe we fill the HoJo with 914s this time
Michael N
Campsites went on sale this morning at 8am.

To book them call 1-831-242-8200.

I got my favorite spot Grand Prix #113. You don't even have to leave the tent to see cars between turn 5 and 6. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif

View from site....

Click to view attachment
markhoward
Got mine this morning. Had to go 'pre teener' (78 911) in the corral as the 914 may not be running by then. Here's hoping I'm wrong..
wes
I’m set with four days, corral parking staying at hojo Marina!
Steve
Penny late and a dollar short. Are all the tickets sold out?
wes
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 13 2017, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 12 2017, 10:30 AM) *

Seems like the corral was a separate item previously ? But I did get a 4 day pass last time.

The corral is great just for the parking; next to the infield, no door-ding worries, and fun meeting other 914 owners in the same spot.

I'm going to volunteer for one day too....

Hey Jim I haven’t seen the call for volunteers yet, did you already volunteer or its in your future plans?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 18 2017, 10:26 AM) *

Steve. Tickets are going to be available for quite a while. Go on -line and place an order. This is a bucket-list item !
BigFour1973
Reserved campsite 119. Ill be there, got two 914 coral spots. This is my motivation to get my car done come next year. And what do you know, that's my birthday weekend!
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 18 2017, 11:05 AM) *

Steve. Tickets are going to be available for quite a while. Go on -line and place an order. This is a bucket-list item !

I got the 4 day special with 914 coral. Just working on the hotel details.
Michael N
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Oct 18 2017, 02:59 PM) *

Reserved campsite 119. Ill be there, got two 914 coral spots. This is my motivation to get my car done come next year. And what do you know, that's my birthday weekend!

Sweet . beerchug.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 18 2017, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 18 2017, 11:05 AM) *

I got the 4 day special with 914 coral. Just working on the hotel details.

We have a few at the hojo on reservation road. Try for that!
Steve
I got the hojo... not cheap... $175 Thursday night $255 Friday night and $275 Saturday plus tax...
914-300Hemi
Just booked 2 coral 4 day pass. piratenanner.gif
One for the teener and one for the 911.
davehg
Waited an hour on hold but landed a hookup site for the Airstream! This year going to bring my son who will get his permit and hopefully some religion at Monterey!
Wyvern
Hi . I missed the early sale of tickets and Corral ...
I know I can get Tickets as the event gets closer ... Is there a way to get Corral still?
wes
Call Laguna Seca at 831-242-8200 I believe should be able to get them still at this point they usually add space if needed but I wouldn’t wait as they are desirable.
Steve
Once I signed up on the Mazda Raceway site, I was able to select 4 Days with 914 coral.
I did not have to call, it was all online.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 19 2017, 07:34 AM) *

Once I signed up on the Mazda Raceway site, I was able to select 4 Days with 914 coral.
I did not have to call, it was all online.

agree.gif
campbellcj
I reserved my camping spot at T5R 228. See y’all there.

T5R is a great trackside section BTW which wasn’t full as of this afternoon. No hookups.
michael7810
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 19 2017, 10:22 PM) *

I reserved my camping spot at T5R 228. See y’all there.

T5R is a great trackside section BTW which wasn’t full as of this afternoon. No hookups.

I just booked spot T5R 229. I'll try to be a good neighbor beer3.gif
don-6
I just purchased my four day ticket plus 914 Corral.

See you there. beerchug.gif
infraredcalvin
Will be driving up the 930 with the wifey, staying at Marriott... 4 nights
flat4guy
I was bummed I missed out on the pre order tickets, so I got ahold of Laguna Seca and was able to buy the tickets for the same price through the track, may want to call them.
jim_hoyland
Rooms at the Motel 6 in Marina, Ca are available and going for $93 a night; a lot better deal than the HoJo
It’s a mile or so down Reservstion Rd close to the beach; still good access to the back gate at Laguna Seca

See: https://www.motel6.com/en.html#/reservation-confirmation

The Motel 6 in Marina is where we had a WCR Several years ago: “Ramble in the Dunes”
Good place, close to the Kula Ranch Resort on the beach, shopping center nearby.
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
wes
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 28 2017, 06:34 AM) *

Rooms at the Motel 6 in Marina, Ca are available and going for $93 a night; a lot better deal than the HoJo
It’s a mile or so down Reservstion Rd close to the beach; still good access to the back gate at Laguna Seca

See: https://www.motel6.com/en.html#/reservation-confirmation

The Motel 6 in Marina is where we had a WCR Several years ago: “Ramble in the Dunes”
Good place, close to the Kula Ranch Resort on the beach, shopping center nearby.

At the price of HoJo’s for 4 nights i just might switch that’s less than half the $$.
jim_hoyland
A much better deal for sure ! Plus it’s located right where the 1 crosses reservation road, next to Dennys
Steve
I switched to the Motel 6
Thanks Jim!!
VegasRacer
We have already had registration for the event, registration for corral parking, registration for hotels/camping and registration for parade laps.
(don't forget the MSDS meet and greet, no registration required)

Now it is time to register to be a PCA Volunteer. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rennsport-reun...ion-48777837826
Registration is FREE, and as a bonus you get a t-shirt.
It is fun and easy plus you get the satisfaction of contributing to the success of this epic event.
wes
Just wondering if anyone has signed up for the PCA volunteer help?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.