Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plug for GT relay plate elimination
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blabla914
So I'm looking to eliminate the relay plate this winter. My car is a 4cyl car that's been converted to six running carbs. Past research into this shows a plug that mates the main harness to the engine harness. Then the engine harness plug pin out is shuffled around so the plug is basically just a pass through.

Again prior research showed there was a factory plug that was used on either 90's Audi or later (late 80s maybe) 911. The PN I have is 911 611 113 05, but a couple of sources are telling me this is not a good PN.

I did a lot of searching on the forum, but I didn't get any solid hits. Who's got this PN they would be willing to share and maybe a good source.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly
Mark Henry
Perry Kiehl might still have some, but he might be saving them for his custom harness customers.
porschetub
Did a quick Google search...appears that number is not right as you mentioned,I seem to remember its the same as a 928 electric seat plug,could be wrong on that ,you are talking about the male plug ?.

Larmo63
I think Sierra Madre Collection carries them. One of the main suppliers has them, Stoddard?
blabla914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 11 2017, 06:36 AM) *

I think Sierra Madre Collection carries them. One of the main suppliers has them, Stoddard?

So I was looking on the Sierra Madre site, but the plug I found is the female plug on the wire harness. I'm looking for the plug that is male/male that would join the main wire harness to the engine wire harness female connectors.

I need to find the picture I have somewhere.

Kelly
blabla914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 11 2017, 05:55 AM) *

Did a quick Google search...appears that number is not right as you mentioned,I seem to remember its the same as a 928 electric seat plug,could be wrong on that ,you are talking about the male plug ?.

Yes the male/male plug is what I'm after
Mikey914
How many pins,
May be one I've made.
IronHillRestorations
It's a 14 pin male connector, #911-612-113-05

You'll have the following considerations to deal with:

Internally regulated alternator, or be prepared to mount the voltage regulator in an alternate location

Fuel pump powered alternate and independent of the original fuel pump wiring.

I've got them, but to be honest I don't sell many parts like that, as often times you can buy them at the same price I pay. I can sell you one for $45 plus postage.

!!!WARNING (blatant plug, but truth)!!!

I can make a custom wiring harness for your 6 conversion that looks like it came from the factory. PM me for details
blabla914
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Oct 11 2017, 12:42 PM) *

Internally regulated alternator, or be prepared to mount the voltage regulator in an alternate location

I've got them, but to be honest I don't sell many parts like that, as often times you can buy them at the same price I pay. I can sell you one for $45 plus postage.

I can make a custom wiring harness for your 6 conversion that looks like it came from the factory. PM me for details

Perry thank you! looks like I must have written the number down incorrectly the last time I looked into that. Wrote down a 2 instead of a 1.

I've got fuel pump and alternator nailed down. I've been thinking of doing this for awhile. I thought I might want the relay plate at some point for stuff like heat etc, but my relay plate has been nothing but a pass through for the regulator and the alternator wiring for like 10 years now, so the heck with it.

Now that I see the plug and I look at the old GT picts I can see I've been looking for the wrong plug as well. I had it in my head I was looking for a male/male plug to join the two female plugs, but now I see what is done is a male plug is put on the engine harness so it just plugs into the main harness. Thanks again Perry.

I may take you up on the harness, but then I think I have to disconnect from the back of the alternator and that is such a tedious job.

Kelly
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(blabla914 @ Oct 11 2017, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Oct 11 2017, 12:42 PM) *

I may take you up on the harness, but then I think I have to disconnect from the back of the alternator and that is such a tedious job.

Kelly

I've made them in many different configurations. You can have the B+ wire independent (alternator to starter), and the charge warning light wire (blue) connect outside the harness bundle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.