Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber for 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LeonD
Can I get some help on the value of a set of Weber 40IDTP 13C's. They are complete but have been sitting for years. Any help would be appreciated
mepstein
Probably around $3k
porschetub
QUOTE(LeonD @ Oct 12 2017, 10:48 AM) *

Can I get some help on the value of a set of Weber 40IDTP 13C's. They are complete but have been sitting for years. Any help would be appreciated

Used carbs vary a lot in value because rebuild kits are DIY but if the spindles and butterflies are worn out many will only pay X amount based on that,its a rather expensive process to remedy wear in that area.
Granted a rare enough set,if you find someone with a very original "6" with the wrong carbs you will find a buyer but the market is what people will pay really.
I will start the ball rolling @ 2 - 2.5K if they are reasonable,I expect to get flamed for this but have thick skin av-943.gif .
bigkensteele
Can anyone explain the difference between IDAs and IDTPs?

For what it is worth, I recently bought a set of 40IDA 3Cs that were VERY rough for $1200 including the manifolds. When all is said and done, I will have around $2k in them, and that is rebuilding them myself. That also includes a rain hat kit and a linkage kit. I am replacing the shafts.
Mike Fitton
Shooting in the dark really, lets see some pictures, I just sold this set for $2,950 with manifolds off of a running engine.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=315683&hl=
LeonD
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 11 2017, 04:59 PM) *

Shooting in the dark really, lets see some pictures, I just sold this set for $2,950 with manifolds off of a running engine.

I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow. Thanks all of you for your insight.
GeorgeRud
There are differences in the progression circuits between the IDT and the IDA. For a great explanation of how these carbs work and how to properly tune them, check out Performance Oriented’s website. Paul Abbot has probably explained Weber’s better than anyone else has. His rebuilds now have an 8 month waiting list!
Blue6
Leon,
The 13C's are correct for the 914-6, so the full value is to someone doing a correct resto. A nice set sold not long ago on e-bay for $1,600. Only one bidder.
brant
It would have the most value to a 914/6 guy but the ida carbs have a larger market and thus more demand or higher values. The it’s is usually a less expensive carb due to no demand
LeonD
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 11 2017, 04:59 PM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=623
352]Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.