Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAR Dies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxdude914
When my 73 2.0 gets driven for about 25-35 minutes it shuts off and the fuel pump wont come back on until sitting over night, does anyone know what might be the problem thank you very much in advance.
Joe Bob
Hmmm, have you checked grounds? Like the trans strap and the starter wires...pulled the relays on the circuit board? Also...but less likely, when was the last fuel filter changed....if you do cut it open and see how crud is in there....
mxdude914
The grounds are good, its got new fuel filters and lines, fuel pump is relocated up front, and yes i have pulled the relays off, and checked them and replaced them, nothing changes.Any other suggestions?
mxdude914
would carbs maybe solve the problem i really need help.
MarkG
Front or engine area mounted FP? (don't remember when the 914 went to front mounted FP).

If engine compartment mounted, heat related vapor lock.
Dr. Roger
Problem: Ballast resistor powered FP. biggrin.gif
Solution: Wire your own from ign switch to FP.

No but seriously.. What else would shut OFF a FP?

Couldn't you still hear it even with vapor lock?
cdmcse
When the car dies, check to see if you have power to the fuel pump, if you do and the pump really has stopped running, I would look at the pump or fuel system. If you don't have power, then I would check the wiring and fuel pump circuits for a problem. At least you could narrow it down. biggrin.gif
mxdude914
What is the ballast resistor? could you go more into detail. Also if it is only dying when warmed up would that really be the circuits?. Finally the fuel pump is up front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.