Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what is wrong with the plaid installation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Can you guys tell me if this plaid is correct in orientation and/or finished properly?
Mikey914
Looks like correct material, at least from what I can see. The li rd are correctly lined up.
What are you seeing here that is questionable?
Mikey914
If you look at the factory color sample card the orientation is large strip down.
buck toenges
the lady that owns the cart states that it was either stitched wrong or was installed wrong. She got the material from aa. Is it stitched across the seats wrong or is the orientation wrong? I don't know where she got the idea that it is wrong. That is why I thought I asked the experts here.

Buck
buck toenges
What I found out is the lady thinks the material is on the wrong side. She thinks that it is turned inside out. She thinks the plaid is too bright and the other side is a more dull color. Are there 2 different colors? is there a correct side?

Thanks,
Buck
Mikey914
I know our tartan has a backing so if it is installed "inside out" it would be a lighter color. The "backing helps to keep the weave from coming apart. I'm assuming that theirs is the same.

Should be easily solved by asking AA for a sample of their material. It will be obvious which side should be out.

As far as the number of pleats something looks off. It looks like they did one fewer, but hard to really see from the pic. From an install point, the 1st pleat should have a little more "tuck" to it.
Matty900
Here you go.
worn
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Oct 12 2017, 01:37 PM) *

Can you guys tell me if this plaid is correct in orientation and/or finished properly?

One problem is that the weave is inherently made to look wrong to the eye. The horizontal stripes look fine as the heavy band is lowest and progresses nicely upward. But the vertical bands progress from one side to the other. We are made to feel that left to right pattern is wrong. The eye expects some sort of symmetry rather than a direction. Could be balanced by the other seat going in the opposite direct, but I don't think that is how they were originally done.

After all the things were meant to catch your attention whether you like the patterns or not. Just like the green and yellow cars are faster.
DM_2000
They've gone to plaid. . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.