Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dos Equis: I don't always take my...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
D.E. play: I don't always take my car in for service but when I do, I take it to Goldcrest Motorsports! rolleyes.gif

So, I am having a few items worked on the teener ahead of a weekend on the track and as typical, the shop was loaded with special Porsches (understatement). I thought I'd share a few pics with you Porsche nuts. One bonus picture of a rare mid-engine (crazy fast!) mystery car: What is it?*

*It ran at LeMans. biggrin.gif

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Leh Kheen's (#8) Rally Car
Click to view attachment

Bonus Mystery Car (said to be the only "real" race car here) unsure.gif
Click to view attachment
My 914
Wow, what a collection!
Andyrew
911 RSR?

Nice lookin group of cars!
Cracker
Com'on Andyrew...you are better than that youngson! poke.gif

T

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 13 2017, 11:23 AM) *

911 RSR?

Fatboy007
Wow drooley.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 13 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Com'on Andyrew...you are better than that youngson! poke.gif

T

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 13 2017, 11:23 AM) *

911 RSR?

Whats confusing me is the centerlugs.

Its not

RS Spider
CGT
GT1

I guess I just dont know my race cars!
Cracker
Do not restrict yourself to just Porsches... shades.gif

T

[quote name='Andyrew' date='Oct 13 2017, 12:41 PM' post='2537343']
[/quote]
Whats confusing me is the centerlugs.

Its not

RS Spider
CGT
GT1

I guess I just dont know my race cars!
[/quote]
bbrock
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 13 2017, 11:49 AM) *

Do not restrict yourself to just Porsches... shades.gif

T

Corvette???
theer
Audi r8?
ValcoOscar
Holly cow!!! I could sit and admire these all day.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Oscar

Cracker
That picture is of the front of the car...with exhaust! Silver Arrows w/ rare doors...

T
jd74914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 13 2017, 02:43 PM) *

That picture is of the front of the car...with exhaust! Silver Arrows w/ rare doors...

Ahh, so it is a Benz. I know it was a front-engined car and figured it was a Corvette or Panoz, but neither have that same shape. Did it run in the 2014 LeMans (AMG GT3)?
Cracker
Ding ding ding...we got a winner! smilie_pokal.gif

Tony

Click to view attachment
theer
Ahh - nice! The "mid-engine" clue threw me.
My 914
That Mercedes is a bonus car. There's even a bike back there!
Cracker
It eas intended to throw you! biggrin.gif

It is even more mid-engine than a 914/6...the entire engine, pulleys and all lie behind the front wheels. Amazing.

T

QUOTE(theer @ Oct 13 2017, 05:21 PM) *

Ahh - nice! The "mid-engine" clue threw me.

914forme
At least it was not one of these.

Click to view attachment
My 914
You can't have a more forward mounted engine than that.
Cracker
Crazy footage of the AMG GT3 at the ring!

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqmvMIZCkZ4
Cairo94507
Wow! That was some serious driving! Thanks for posting that.
Mueller
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 17 2017, 03:50 PM) *

Tony

That video made me nervous watching how close he was to the Audi.
DM_2000
The engine in a cab over truck is in a conventional location. Cab over truck are more common in Europe to keep the overall length short relative to pay load area.

See also:

Andyrew
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 17 2017, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 17 2017, 03:50 PM) *

Tony

That video made me nervous watching how close he was to the Audi.

1:07 was scary for me, watching both cars round one of the fastest parts of the track, hit the deweighted section and just scoot about a foot to the right as the tires leave the ground for just a split moment.
blink.gif
Cracker
The limits of those cars is almost unimaginable...the skill of drivers like that is even more so! Your craft has to be so refined because elements that are even under your semi-control would be difficult to predict. Now add elements such as weather, other drivers, coolant, oil, debris - crazy $hit.

Tony
PlaysWithCars
Wow, super impressive performance! Have to give some love to the Audi as well. Looked like the Mercedes could out brake him and maybe even out corner him, but the Audi was either slipperier or had more hp because he kept pulling the Mercedes on the top end.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Oct 18 2017, 07:00 PM) *

Wow, super impressive performance! Have to give some love to the Audi as well. Looked like the Mercedes could out brake him and maybe even out corner him, but the Audi was either slipperier or had more hp because he kept pulling the Mercedes on the top end.

Naaahhh....it looked to me like the Merc driver was lost, maybe took a wrong turn & was just following that other car to find a way out of there! av-943.gif
Cracker
From what I see and know...that Merc driver would have pulled away given the chance to pass. You don't get that close and out brake a car because you are equal in pace. The Audi driver was very aggressive...talk about insane, constant pressure with a driver on your ass at that speed and length of time! As it turned out...the Merc driver won the race - as the footage suggested he would - given a running car. One little mistake though and they are both probably dead.

Tony
DM_2000
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 19 2017, 07:30 PM) *

The Audi driver was very aggressive...talk about insane, constant pressure with a driver on your ass at that speed and length of time!
Tony

And such is wheel to wheel racing, it isn't a track day or DE. This same kind of thing goes on even in slower classes of cars, and arguably more difficult for a driver as there is less car under them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.