Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Front Material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Redoing my dash and having Dr Evil repaor the dash pad but also need to have replace the dash material on the front - adjacent to the glass. What options do I have and where can I get it?

Thanks
redshift
Gold lamme, or a pink-and-white lace.

You'll have to back up the lace with another material, dark blue felt would work.

M
tat2dphreak
you can get repro material if you like the basket weave, or any material you like... myself? I've primed it and am going to paint it with silver hammerite, up above the dash too!
MoveQik
9Xauto.com carries some different materials. I just ordered the carbon fiber. I'll post pics after I get it installed.
914GT
QUOTE (vesnyder @ May 22 2005, 06:44 PM)
Redoing my dash and having Dr Evil repaor the dash pad but also need to have replace the dash material on the front - adjacent to the glass.  What options do I have and where can I get it?

Thanks

I think you're talking about the padded shelf along the windshield. Auto upholstery supply shops have vinyl close to the original. If the foam padding underneath is too old you can buy some thin padding to replace it. It's easy to recover this piece with the dash pulled off.
CptTripps
I think I have enough of the diamond-punch left to do yours too. Wait till you see mine this week. We can also run to JoAnn Fabrics and get some Vinyl there too. You'll be surprised what they have there...

Aaron Cox
i was leaning toward GT felt, and now in teetering with brushed aluminum wink.gif
redshift
I like early 911 smooth materials, and it's also cool to do your roof with the 911 stuff, inside.

M
CptTripps
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 22 2005, 09:58 PM)
i was leaning toward GT felt, and now in teetering with brushed aluminum wink.gif

You'd hate it after about 20min of driving in the sun. It's almost impossible to see from the reflection.
JmuRiz
agree.gif You want something as flat in color as possible, any sheen will come back right in your eyes on a sunny day. I was thinking something like alcantara (synthetic suede) would be really nice.
CptTripps
I was thinking something like alcantara (synthetic suede) would be really nice.

I tried it in another car...it's damn-near impossible to get dust out of it.
greg.treadway
Use dash face material.

user posted image

Or laminate. I used white in my latest project.
user posted image
william harris
I got the dash face material from Greg - about $20.00 and it is a perfect match (hell it may be NOS for all I know) and a relatively easy install. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.