Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 with new 2.4/4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
capitolatim
1970 Fresh 2.4/4, less than 500 miles. All receipts. All Fat4 parts, professional built.
Front Oil cooler, Delortos, Web Cam,custom console, new BF 205/50 ZR16, rare ROH wheels
Photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/Xb7WBRM2Sn6A71h6A
Tim Clark
831 419 7669
timshoho@gmail.com

Asking $14,000, needs to be gone. Boxster on the way.

$7,000 in receipts, taking a bathClick to view attachment
raynekat
Beautiful car and a screaming deal if you ask me.
QUOTE(raynekat @ Oct 15 2017, 01:01 PM) *

I’m intrigued with this car but I’ve been wavering on whether to call Tim about it. I have no experience with an engine built this way, or with this carb set up. I would not be racing, just spirited driving once or twice a week and maybe some touring if it seems reliable enough. Living in a condo now, not set up to do my own maintenance.

Any advice?
Mueller
Got video of it running? If this is the car I am thinking about it sounds glorious!
capitolatim
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 15 2017, 06:58 PM) *

Got video of it running? If this is the car I am thinking about it sounds glorious!

I will do a video tomorrow, I know the first person to see the car in person will buy it.

Great deal, $7k in receipts. I'm upside down in the car but a new Boxster is coming.

Cheers
Tim
capitolatim
QUOTE(98101 @ Oct 15 2017, 06:02 PM) *

I’m intrigued with this car but I’ve been wavering on whether to call Tim about it. I have no experience with an engine built this way, or with this carb set up. I would not be racing, just spirited driving once or twice a week and maybe some touring if it seems reliable enough. Living in a condo now, not set up to do my own maintenance.

Any advice?

This 914 is best for someone with experience or a friend that has some.

Carb jetting could be better for smooth max performance.

This is an enthusiasts car.
Chris Pincetich
drooley.gif
beerchug.gif
capitolatim

Any advice?

This 914 is perfect for spirited driving a couple of days a week for sure. Actually, other than check valve lash every 3000 miles and and oil changes about then is all the maintenance items. It's got new tires, brakes, hoses, belt, wheel bearings, shifter bushings, new alternator, etc...

Just remember no heater or defrost, worth it for the sounds it makes.

Cheers
Tim
flat4guy
I like the clean simple look of the engine, very cool.
QUOTE(capitolatim @ Oct 16 2017, 05:27 PM) *

Any advice?

This 914 is perfect for spirited driving a couple of days a week for sure. Actually, other than check valve lash every 3000 miles and and oil changes about then is all the maintenance items. It's got new tires, brakes, hoses, belt, wheel bearings, shifter bushings, new alternator, etc...

Just remember no heater or defrost, worth it for the sounds it makes.

Cheers
Tim

Still intrigued. Very seriously considering going down to see it. I just tried phoning. My application would be practical driving -- not racing -- sometimes with my wife or one of my kids. Here are my questions:

I'd like some details on the rust condition, maybe photos showing the typical troublesome areas?

Is the suspension modified?

Do I need to worry about banging the oil cooler on a speedbump?

It's as fast as a ____?

It sounds like a ____?

Oil leaks / smoking?

Normal seatbelts still work?

When we rode motorcycles, my wife insisted on wearing heated gear, as it gets a bit colder up here and she's always too cold. I'm thinking one of those heated seat cushions might be a workaround.
thelogo
To the posted above , a 914 with no heat and defrost in Seattle
Could get chilly
WTF.gif
Thinking about going to see it . beer3.gif

This one is a no brainer . I would never condone buying
Sight unseen .

But i would on this one . Clean car and smoking deal .

Faster then most /6 convers i would imagine and not modify to much

Since no one is stepping up i will offer 9500 sight unseen .

Looks cleaner then my teener and im in over his ask price

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 27 2017, 09:22 PM) *

Could get chilly

Yes... though probably warmer than a bike, which I stopped driving when we became parents.

I'm buying the car! Last time I had a 914 was some 25 years ago. No heat then either.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(98101 @ Oct 28 2017, 03:36 AM) *

Could get chilly

Yes... though probably warmer than a bike, which I stopped driving when we became parents.

I'm buying the car! Last time I had a 914 was some 25 years ago. No heat then either.

98101... Good luck with it. I've been watching this on and it looks to be a nice car with a lot of attention put into it. smoke.gif
Robnxious
QUOTE(98101 @ Oct 28 2017, 12:36 AM) *

Could get chilly

Congrats, I really thought about this one and another one that came up for sale on here, but realized, I should PROBABLY finish the one I have first before looking for another.
thelogo
QUOTE(98101 @ Oct 28 2017, 12:36 AM) *

Could get chilly

Your the man
That is money welllllllll spent

I would recommend keeping it under 90mph
Until you really learn the car , how to drive and control it.

Took me about a month or 2. A 914 with this kinda power
You dont just hop in and drive fast . Dont try to probe the limit
Unless your on a race track .

And dont abuse 1st gear
QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 28 2017, 01:13 PM) *

Your the man
That is money welllllllll spent

I would recommend keeping it under 90mph
Until you really learn the car , how to drive and control it.

Took me about a month or 2. A 914 with this kinda power
You dont just hop in and drive fast . Dont try to probe the limit
Unless your on a race track .

And dont abuse 1st gear

Thanks for the tips!

We’re figuring out how to get it from California to Seattle. Of course the most practical thing would be to put it on a transporter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.