Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awesome Autocrossing Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Went to the Jackson Mississippi Region SCCA today. 186 miles one way. Just to AX my car.
Met up with CharlesMac. He co-drove my car and did an awesome job. After I told him to STAND ON THAT SUCKER. He got within .030 sec from me. 12 runs total for my car and never missed a beat all the way home.

Then there was the Raby powered flared car. If you really wanna know the results times will be posted around Tuesday.

But someone got their ass kicked. chair.gif
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif kick ass dude!! that's great! pray.gif

get any pics?
tommy914
Good job Joe!

next time you come up this way, give me a shout.

By the way, was the Raby powered 914 local?

Tommy
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (tommy914 @ May 22 2005, 08:07 PM)
Good job Joe!

next time you come up this way, give me a shout.

By the way, was the Raby powered 914 local?

Tommy

You bet, The next event there will be in a few months. The guys said somethig about making it a night event driving.gif
Perfect for racing and then drinking beer afterwards. mueba.gif beerchug.gif
Yea the white Raby powered car was from Hattiesburg. With a big cloud of black smoke from the pipes he was on his way. If he was running webers I coulda hooked him up with some smaller jets. He was running 45 Dells and I didn't want to guess.
Does that explain the cool head temps? I'm certain there was more power to be had by leaning it up a few steps.
charlesmac
Joe, thanks again for letting me drive your car yesterday. my 1st A/X ever, and i'm hooked. MAN WHAT A BLAST! I definately have some motivation for getting mine put together. It had been probably at least 6 years since i drove a teener, but mine didn't handle like Joe's, and i never had the chance to drive mine like that. I love to see 30 something year old 914's beating up on new "modern" technology. biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
The RAT powered car was probably sporting one of my engine kits- I don't have anyone in that area on my map with a complete engine, unless he bought it second hand... If its the guy that has the engine kit I would bet its his first Auto X and with that kind of power he probably had a serious learning curve and not enough rubber on the ground.

Did you get his name?
mharrison
I drove by on my way to work. I was pretty sad seeing those teeners (and everyone else) running while I was working. mad.gif sad.gif I was wondering if you guys were on this board!
charlesmac
Jake, the guy's name was Frank, didn't catch his last name, he did say it was one of your kits though.
Jake Raby
Fred perhaps?? Fred Herst is the guy I'm thinking about with the kit.

I have a pretty good idea of where all my stuff is at and who has it...

Charles, I have your cylinders and pistons boxed up, I just keep forgetting to ship them! Will get that on the shipping list today- email me the address again just to make sure I have it correct.
Joe Ricard
Jake if this guy shows up again at one of the events How can I give him a hand in jetting? Not familiar with jetting Dell's I imagine it's similar to weber but actual jets are different? his motor was idling at about 1300 which kinda led me to believe he hasn't opened the magic pandoras box of carb tuning.
What is the recommended base line for your 2270 @ 500 feet sea level air temp (hotter than the hammers of hell) 90 degrees humidity 90 percent + He had (looked like) 1.8l stock HE with shrouds pulled off and didn't recognize the collector and muffler Wasn't Bursch.
Hard to concentrate enough on driving my event and tweaking someone elses car.
I rode with him on his 3rd run and talked him through the course shaved 5 seconds.
Gave him a ride in mine right after and showed hime what 5 more seconds looked like and where the good places to hold on are. He was taking pretty fast something about "holy shit that was cool" I need some of that suspension stuff.

Got the local hot shoe signed up to co drive next event. he thinks he can pull out FTD. Hmm guess I better tune it up.
Jake Raby
Cool.. He has Webers last I knew..

For the 45s I'd say he needs a 150 main if they have a stock 38mm vent, but then he may have his float height way off and jetting won't help a bit. I have had mane Dells that needed much lower float heights for Auto X not to run rich...

His engine should be good for 155 HP in good tune and 160 lb/ft of torque.

charlesmac
Maybe it was Fred.

e-mail sent Jake.
hedfurst
I too had a great time sunday in jackson. Joe, thanks for the ride.
I was running an old set of rebuilt Webers but found a good deal on the Delolortos that I couldn't pass up. The 44s are going to be used on another motor. I just put the Dells on and wasn't sure about the jetting, I would appreciate any tuning advice.
I will definitely be there next time.
Fred Hurst
Jake Raby
Fred, good to see you here.... Get that jetting sorted before you wash the cylinder walls with fuel and disturb the rings..
Joe Ricard
Fred I am getting torn between events. Delta is much closer for me and they will be running an event the same day.

Throw the Webers back on and we can get a tune on them as I have quite an assortment of jets. It would be great if you have a wide band air fuel meter goes pretty quick that way. Other wise you are just guessing at getting it close and hoping not to burn it up or foul out the plugs.
nebreitling
WTG Joe -- you are an autocrossing monster! 186 miles one-way -- i like it!
Joe Ricard
I'll email you the results when they are posted Tueday. that makes 9 events and one school. Don't think my Kumhos will make through the summer. (2/32nd) Going to flip em this week.

But that's OK I wanna use my Hoosiers anyway mueba.gif still waiting on rims.
hedfurst
Joe, the webers are history-they've been traded- I guess I'm a Dell man now.
Where can I get one of the aformentioned air/fuel meters? Also, let me know where and how we can conclude the shock-bolt business. I've got a lot of work to do to catch up smash.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (hedfurst @ May 24 2005, 07:45 AM)
Joe, the webers are history-they've been traded- I guess I'm a Dell man now.
Where can I get one of the aformentioned air/fuel meters? Also, let me know where and how we can conclude the shock-bolt business. I've got a lot of work to do to catch up smash.gif

Fred I emailed you the details.
charlesmac
Fred, it was great to see another 914 in the area. Sorry you had to run and miss out on the 2nd session. I've got a good friend that has some experience with dells in jackson, I'll see what he has for jets for those. Looking forward to seeing you at the next one.

charles
mharrison
I could use a hook-up on a Dellorto guy in Jackson! I have a set of 40mm Dells that probably need rejetting. I hope to be running them soon!
ken914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.