Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermo Switch Location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1adam12
I read on another post that the Thermo Switch may not be an issue if it's not wired up. I'm going through my wire harness and found that the wire for the Thermo Switch is cut. Can anyone tell me where the location of the switch is and does the wire use a spade connector to mount on the switch?
914_teener
Adam,

It is underneath the manifold and opens the Cold Start Valve. It only works when the temperature is under 32 deg.

I seriously recommend if you have broken ground leads or they are brittle is to check your MPS, save your money and get a harness from Jeff Bowlsby. It will be the best investment you can make.

Ya could be chasing your tail for a while. Most of the problems are with electrical grounds on these cars with the stock FI. Check the MPS for leaks and then the grounds. Including the one inside the distributor.

Do that first and then check back.
1adam12
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 14 2017, 04:00 PM) *

Adam,

It is underneath the manifold and opens the Cold Start Valve. It only works when the temperature is under 32 deg.

I seriously recommend if you have broken ground leads or they are brittle is to check your MPS, save your money and get a harness from Jeff Bowlsby. It will be the best investment you can make.

Ya could be chasing your tail for a while. Most of the problems are with electrical grounds on these cars with the stock FI. Check the MPS for leaks and then the grounds. Including the one inside the distributor.

Do that first and then check back.

Thank you for the advice and I've already heard it twice this morning from Bruce and Rob at the Eibach Oktoberfest regarding a new harness lol.

Hopefully the pic came out so you can see the madness I have to work with on the current harness condition. All those white wires are suppose to be to proper ground but stung together with small 20g wire hahahaha....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.