Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another whetherstrip question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
well i have been shopping prices and there is a big varation in prices.
AA has three different levels of prices "G" "R" "B" does anyone have any experience with the lower cost ones?

or can any one turn me on to a good line on replacing the door and window and topweatherstripping?
messix
anyone?
Gint
No experience with AA products, good or bad. So I can't help you with which is what there. I plan on calling GPR for all of my seals until I find one I have to get from a dealer.

William Harris and CptTripps have both bought new seals lately. Here's a bump to catch them and hopefully get a response.
xsboost90
some guy on ebay sells the upper weatherstrip for outside the window, i bought a set, actually he sent me one extra. I will prob hit up AA though when i get the money to do the rest.
william harris
All the weather strip pieces are still available from Porsche in Germany. I highly recommend using the factory pieces because almost every rubber seal has a metal core that bends and holds the piece to the body. Eric Sanders (a 914 fanatic and owner) is the Parts Manager of Porsche of Nashua, NH 603 578-3757. Eric was able to get the pieces to me at a very competitive price and I know he offers a substantial 914club discount. I would stay away from the reproduction pieces, they have no metal core and must be glued to the body. Try Eric and price the pieces out, you may be surprised that the real factory stuff is not too expensive (I didn't say it was cheap). dry.gif
redshift
I beg you, I implore you, do not use any seal that isn't OEM, except for Sammy Seal ™ Sammy.

I was just reading GPR prices in the classifieds/members/doodle section, and they are not so bad at all.

M
Bleyseng
agree.gif totally with Miles for once. At the others seem to leak like crazy.
redshift
agree.gif I totally agree with Geoff! Miles is right this time!

M
messix
thanx guys

i stopped by Dans tonite on my way home, and he told me about gpr also.

you should see the progress on the new project. he's laying on paint already!

and that nasty mean six with the big meats..... he found a problem with it. it wasn't running like it should at idle, so he finds an idle mixture screw missing. now it sounds like a really PISSED OFF little porsche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.