Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's rusting away....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Sad to see these three 914's rusting away in someone's backyard today....

914Sixer
9 times out of 10 they will tell you they are going to restore them and are not for sale. In the 27 years as a phone repairman, I found every kind of car you can think of, on a RARE occasion the vehicle might be for sale.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 15 2017, 08:45 PM) *

9 times out of 10 they will tell you they are going to restore them and are not for sale. In the 27 years as a phone repairman, I found every kind of car you can think of, on a RARE occasion the vehicle might be for sale.

agree.gif For the past 20+ years I have driven by this local Shell gas station and out front by the main road into town sitting in the grass near a fence is a 72 914. Back then it was a running driving car, but it NEVER left the lot. The station owner would just bring it in his Stations garage and tinker on it then put it back outside.

About twice a year I stop in and ask about it. I know it is not for sale and to be honest at this point it is a parts car at best and even at that what was good 10yrs ago is starting to turn to junk also. The owner (of car & station) is well into his 80's and always says he will "fix it up". Anyway I will continue to stop in and ask about it. He's a nice guy, we talk cars and how the city has changed over the years for a while. When I leave I always thank him for his time and leave him my business card. Maybe some day I will get a call? confused24.gif

But then again you don't know if you never ask. Drove past a farm a few years ago in Illinois. Seen that the farm was for sale and sitting out by the barn was a very rust but complete 73 2.0L. Made the U-turn and happen to meet the farmer. After some small talk I asked if the 914 was for sale and long story short it was mine for $400. biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
Nothing compared to this chiller huh.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=34415&hl=
RickS
It’s the great circle of life. It came from the earth and is now returning to the earth, some parts a bit faster than others.
Unobtanium-inc
All I can say is if you find something, stay on it. I did a 50 car deal with a guy a few years ago, it took me 5 years to put the deal together. Was it worth it, in fact it was!
Many of those cars are on our last poster, if anyone wants one, email me your address.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.