Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need engine identification help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
I have replaced the engine in my 914-6 with one built to RS specs. I am in the process of tearing apart the old motor for evaluation and I am curious exactly what it is (I'm not an expert). The numbers are:

Cams: 901.105.133.0R and 901.105.134.0R

Case: 901.101.101.3R

Heads: 901.104.306.2R

The pistons are domed with small crescent cutouts for the valves. The bore is 84.25mm and the stroke is 66mm. Also, what would this motor be worth as a core unit? I am selling off old parts to pay for the new ones (have to get this sucker done!!). I'd be interested to hear what the performance specs of this motor might be as well.

Thanks for the help,
Bob
Bob Wolcott
I would also like to add that the engine serial number is 6404126

Bob
sixnotfour
Cams : T ,unless reground
Case; 1970-914-6
Heads; T or 914-6 . probably modified for 2.2 style cylinders.
84mm cyl. 2.2 upgrade. are fins steel or alum.?
66mm crank T or counterbalanced?
If "T" p/c, cams 2.0 110 hp
2.2 125HP
Morelli or bosch distributor?

Shootin from the hip , the cams and pistons and cylinders are variables, Someone could have ported the heads too.

So its apart, Longblock or complete ?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Bob Wolcott @ May 23 2005, 01:22 AM)
I have replaced the engine in my 914-6 with one built to RS specs.

Cams: 901.105.133.0R and 901.105.134.0R
Case: 901.101.101.3R
Heads: 901.104.306.2R

...bore is 84.25mm and the stroke is 66mm. Also, what would this motor be worth as a core unit?

cool! who did your MFI pump ?

the cams (by the numbers) are stock 914.6/911T.
the case and head numbers are just casting numbers and more details are needed to positively identify them, as with the crank (CW or no) as has been noted. port size, valve size, presence of MFI injector ports, piston squirters in the case, that sort of thing.

that's a first-oversize 2,2 so finding pistons may be a bit of a challenge; are the Biral (E,S) or cast iron (T) ? do you have the nitrided 2,2S rods, or the plain T,E rods? the 2,2S rods are highly prized by racers in classes that require stock rods, and the untreated rods have reliability issues over 160HP or so.

2,2T was rated at 125HP.

values are always hard. a 2,2T basket-case engine 'kit' might sell for $650. if you had the Biral S cylinders, S rods, counterweighted crank (if std/std), and a straight case with squirters and head stud inserts it might bring over $1000. if the crank is undersize or not straight, values drop.

first-oversize P&C mean a builder will probably be looking at a new set, and the rods would be a factor on an S buildup, and...

all prices and values are subject to market fluctuations. if you happen to have something right when someone is looking for it, it could be good for you...
Bob Wolcott
The fins are steel and I currently have the heads off. It definitly needs some work so I am trying to decide if I fix it up or sell it as a core unit. It does have the hydraulic chain tensioners but I don't believe it has thread inserts in the case.

Bob
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Bob Wolcott @ May 23 2005, 01:29 PM)
It does have the hydraulic chain tensioners...

there are two or three meanings to this phrase, unfortunately - much confusion...

when you say "hydraulic" are you referring to the pressure-fed "Carrera" tensioners ?
Bob Wolcott
Yes, they are not the stock, spring loaded tensioners, but the oil-fed upgrade.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.