Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plug wire options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I've been hearing a click click click recently and when I checked the running engine on Saturday I could see an arc coming from one of my plug wires and grounding on the valve cover. Inspection of the wire and boot didn't show anything unusual. Apart originates at joint between boot and wire.

So I'm thinking I need a higher quality wire. Don't remember the brand I bought but it cost me about $150 and was on the recommended list from MSD. Any suggestions ?
'73-914kid
Give Kingsborne wires a call, down here in california. They can build you a set of wires for your engine in whatever color you want. It's Noth worth the hassle of trying to build your own. I run them on my car as a daily, and have never had issues with them, and the price i's way better than anyone else on the market.
sithot
Clewett Engineering.
Drums66
...On the 4, I use Magnecore(nomore light shows in the engine bay!)
send my check to the *WORLD* idea.gif
bye1.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(sithot @ Oct 17 2017, 08:04 AM) *

Clewett Engineering.

agree.gif very nicely made and excellent value.
PanelBilly
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 16 2017, 11:46 AM) *

Give Kingsborne wires a call, down here in california. They can build you a set of wires for your engine in whatever color you want. It's Noth worth the hassle of trying to build your own. I run them on my car as a daily, and have never had issues with them, and the price i's way better than anyone else on the market.

I tried to figure out what they had on line and the spinning thinking icon never stopped going around. I'll try to give them a call tomorrow
Elliot Cannon
Are you sure the wire wasn't loose on the plug?
porschetub
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 17 2017, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 16 2017, 11:46 AM) *

I tried to figure out what they had on line and the spinning thinking icon never stopped going around. I'll try to give them a call tomorrow

If not Pelican have them as far as I know,unless out of stock ,got mine there, beer.gif .
wndsrfr
QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 16 2017, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(sithot @ Oct 17 2017, 08:04 AM) *

Clewett Engineering.

agree.gif very nicely made and excellent value.

agree.gif +2
Rand
This has been discussed for years around here. I use Magnecor. Has something new come along that's better? If so, how are they better?
Larmo63
I have Clewett, but I also run his crank-fire ignition system too.

Pretty nice stuff, and he's a great guy to work with.
sithot
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 16 2017, 10:13 PM) *

I have Clewett, but I also run his crank-fire ignition system too.

Pretty nice stuff, and he's a great guy to work with.

Richard is indeed a fine person to deal with. He sells Magnecor as well but I like his wires with their abrasion, cut and fire resistant sleeve. Quality is 2nd to none.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.