Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: making a pedal Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
so I figure use 1/4 inch plywood, and hit it with a couple of coats of varithane. put on a new pedal stop from 914 rubber.

any advise, or anyone willing to talk me down and change my plans?
cn2800
I would never try to dissuade someone from a good D.I.Y. project, but since you asked - It's a piece with a lot of complex cuts (outer edges and inside holes), and 914 rubber has the boards in stock for $37.50 http://shop.914rubber.com/Plywood-floor-bo...nly-914FB-P.htm

If you want to do it to see if you can do it, and you've already got the plywood stock, paint, and a jigsaw, go right ahead. Otherwise, I'd spend the money for one someone else has already figured out how to make, and concentrate my efforts elsewhere.
IronHillRestorations
A lot of guys do it. If you use boutique stomp boxes it can get expensive though biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
KevinW
I have one that you can have for the cost of shipping.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Oct 17 2017, 05:45 PM) *

so I figure use 1/4 inch plywood, and hit it with a couple of coats of varithane. put on a new pedal stop from 914 rubber.

Use Marine grade plywood.
Have fun
worn
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Oct 17 2017, 04:45 PM) *

I did mine with a router and alu honeycomb. Can't find the photos, but I posted them a couple years back. No one seemed too thrilled 'cept moi. Strong and light though. Downside is you have to make hard points for the screws.
Mikey914
Not super hard, by the time you buy the wood, and set up a pattern, you'll have an afternoon into it. So, if you're just looking for cheap therapy, it's not a hard task. Enjoy biggrin.gif
Spoke
I made a pedal board a while back from plywood and made it in 2 pieces that screwed together. Very easy to install and remove.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.