Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ** Need some help ** - Updated
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Original Thread

Thanks for all that have offered help with this.

What I may have here is a self inflicted wound. According to the mechanic (and I need to go see this), it looks like the the clutch cable that I put in we routed improperly. Somehow it was sitting on top of the brake line. I replaced the clutch cable probably 10-12 months ago and it seems to the mechanic that it has sawed through the hard line.

I will go to see this later, but I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this? I thought that the clutch cable was jacketed, so I am not sure how I got the braided metal of the cable sawing on the brake line.

Any one seen or heard of this?

Thanks,
Joe
Allan
Is the line abraded in the center tunnel? IIRC, the cable is only jacketed from the firewall to the tranny.
JeffBowlsby
Any one seen or heard of this?

It could easily happen. An inspection mirror is essential to avoid wrapping the throttle or clutch cables aropund either each other or the hard brake line at the front of the center tunnel.

Sorry to hear of your trevails. I guess you now need to replace that hard line.
ematulac
QUOTE (Headrage @ May 23 2005, 11:55 AM)
Is the line abraded in the center tunnel? IIRC, the cable is only jacketed from the firewall to the tranny.

agree.gif

I just put in a new Terry clutch cable yesterday, and was surprised to see that it wasn't jacketed from the firewall to the clutch pedal. But My old cable *did* have a jacket.

Gonna have to go back and check to make sure it's not 'sawing' through anything. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.