Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plans for the porscharu
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
okay so i found out my car has a few deficencies at the wcc

the plans i have for the car include the following but feel free to make suggestions. with the exceptions of putting in an air cooled motor and selling or giving it away

strip the tar on the floor boards and bedliner them
partial cage for stiffing and crash safty from other cars
pull the engine and strip and paint the engine bay
while the motor is out finish up the install ( wiring )
install the front sway bar i have ( stock )
weld in ac floor patch ( currently in with liquid nails )
install heat
racing seats, not hardcore ones but easy in/out ones
make a new back pad for new seats
racing harnesses
some new seals ( only ones i really really need $$$ )
figure out something tranny wise ( stonger maybe audi 5000 )
find some cheap rims for sticker tires ( curb rash is okay )
and the last thing will be paint the car

if anybody has suggestions or parts they want to get rid off let me know

things i will get from club members will be trashed but useable rims for sticky tires, lots of mental support, lots of smart assed comments, carpet, and misc parts

TravisNeff
a big wrench?
neo914-6
I'm sure you've got inquires for conversion kits...maybe it could help fund your makeover. biggrin.gif

suggest Engmans stiff kit, why have a cage unless you are racing.

what caused the tranny mounts to slip?
xsboost90
i have four sets of 15" phone dials if you need some five lug wheels.
scotty914
neo the reason the mount slipped is one bolt to the body came loose.

the reason i want a partial cage is intrusion protection... too many suvs where i live and my car will see 10 k miles every year.

sorry no 5 lug for me, i want to be kind of a sleeper i know a partial cage will be a give away but i want people to think i have a 4... oh i do happy11.gif
grasshopper
get another lug for the right rear happy11.gif did you drive all the way back with only three???
crash914
Hey, Scott, you can take a look at my car if and when I get to md.

I have a bolt in cage, can't see it (well you can see the rear diagonal brace), lots of suspension work.

Now that you have the engine, go for the handling work. I did this first and think that it is the way to go. once you learn to handle the car with 77hp, 150 is just fun and not scary.....
rhodyguy
that should read "racing seat" not "seats" unless you never want teri to ride along. figure out a way to put some heat in the cabin. b mentioned long ago about putting a heater core in the fresh air box. so... a comfy seat and some toasty heat.

k
scotty914
as for seats, yes a comfy seat is nice, but the drivers seat would stay a racing seat and the pass seat will be setup to swap out when needed... or maybe renagade seats if i hit the lottery.

as for heat i have it figured out to use some of the stock heater stuff
d914
for on the cheap, pull the bottom cushion and make a flat cushion with a slot for a five point and do the same for the seat. Drops you a few inches, gives you some side bolster and allows the belts to hold you in.
I use to pull the cushion and sit on a towel for a/x....Someone here had a picture of one done up nicely....wrapped in black vinyl and fit to the seat..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.