QUOTE(pete000 @ Oct 22 2017, 09:05 PM) *

Can some one post the stock ignition curves for the 1.7, 1.8, and the 2.0

Click to view attachment
914_teener
https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/distributor.htm

Additional Info.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 22 2017, 09:39 PM) *

Been a while since I pulled that data out of the factory diagrams, but I think I converted the RPMs to engine RPM, not distributor RPM. (Dizzy turns at half speed.) I don't think I did anything to the advance/retard figures, though.

--DD
914_teener
So degrees at the crank. Pulled these off a Bird Board post.

Somewhere there are the plotted curves.....couldn.t find the url where I saw them.

Millerwelds
Order placed. 15% discount was applied. beerchug.gif
Thanks for setting up the group buy!
pete000
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Oct 23 2017, 02:52 PM) *

aktion035.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Oct 23 2017, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Oct 23 2017, 02:52 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Yup, I got a message about additional discount being applied to my previous order just after Miller posted. He took us over the line. smilie_pokal.gif
123ignitionusa
Thanks gentlemen, 15% is now active as you know. Purchases will be sent out in the order they were placed. I will let you know when orders are ready to post.
Thanks Ed
DRPHIL914
my order is placed and paid for my order number and it up being 915!

unfortunately i will not get to test it out for a few months- motor gets pulled and car goes to paint in a week, should be done by Christmas so i guess i can tell my wife I bought my Christmas present!

oh, and big thanks to Ed for this deal.
SKL1
Calling Ed tomorrow to make sure I'm ordering the right one- glad it will be 15%off!!
Another reason to spend time here at 914 world!
123ignitionusa
It has been brought to my attention that at least one person has not received a discount when purchasing a distributor.
The link he followed is to a retailer in Europe, not to my website.

Remember to go to 123ignitionusa.com

Ordering information for you below

These three are switched. Meaning you select a pre programmed curve by a switch in the unit.
Porsche 4-R-V-IE is for D-Jet is a pre programmed unit. And is the only unit to drive your D-Jet injection system. It can also be used in a carburetted scenario.
Porshe 4-R-V is for Carburetted models. is pre programed and has vacuum
Porsche 4-R is for Carburetted models without vacuum. Is pre programmed.

These two units are for Carburetted models or L-Jet models and are completely programable.
Tune+4-R-V-P and uses Bluetooth to connect to it.
Tune 4-R-V-P uses a PC mini 5 pin USB cable to connect to it. The cable is sold separately.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Ed
VaccaRabite
Ed, THANKS for posting. I think that will be very helpful information.

Zach
Olympic 914
Just ordered one D-jet model.

Dave97
My engine has 44 idf carbs with MSD box and distributor. How does the vaccum unit work and do I still keep my MSD box?
mct
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Oct 23 2017, 04:02 AM) *

QUOTE(1adam12 @ Oct 22 2017, 11:47 AM) *

I thought this distributor looked familiar. I ran across this 914 install a few months ago on YouTube. How's everyone's German!?
https://youtu.be/rw1FigYoozE

I think it's Dutch, but I could be wrong.

Nono,
ju arr verry rong. Sis is von handred perr sent Dsherman se gai iss speekink. Se kampani iss Datsh sou.....

Have the BT model in my 2l bus and it is a charm. No swappin points, plug&play, fire&forget, what have you. Dunno 'bout longevity, but as it reduces mechanical parts it should work all right in the Long run. Always gonna be haters/purists of course. It also gives you nice data on temp, MAP, RPMs, crankshaft advance and voltage as well as GPS-based speed reading!

I´m getting one for the teener next summer...

greets from Heidelberg Germany,

Michael
SKL1
Anyone have the advance curve for the Bosch 050 distributor? Wonder if one of the preset curves on the 4R is close to that...

Think I'll order the 4R with 16 curve choices- don't figure I'm computer savvy enough to program the thing myself! Hell, I'm driving a 46 year old car!!
mobymutt
I love this solution, especially the bluetooth programmable version! I can't join the group buy this time around, but maybe there will be another one in a couple of years (hint..)

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the installation and performance.
johnwmrvw
Just ordered the 4-R-V-IE from 123(USA).
Thanks everyone for their input!
SKL1
Just ordered the 4R- we are well beyond the number needed for 15% off, if you're on the fence, you ought to jump on!
Millerwelds
Just look at the comparison from stock, to Pertronix to the 123. The 123 signal is basically perfect. You should buy one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZ2xj6SAfI
Mueller
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 27 2017, 12:11 PM) *

Just ordered the 4R- we are well beyond the number needed for 15% off, if you're on the fence, you ought to jump on!

I jumped off the fence, figured I should stay with my Megasquirt setup, it's already paid for. There would be a lot less cussing and possible AAA tows with the stock L-Jet and a 123ignition however. We'll see.
Olympic 914
On the Djet models does anyone know how the 123 Dizzy hooks up to the trigger point wires? does it have the same plug as on an original dizzy or do you have to rig up jumper wires from the ECU harness to the 123 dizzy?

Rather not cut the plug off of the harness, in case I have to reinstall the original dizzy.
StratPlayer
The 123 D jet set up will have to small wires that will plug into the pins on the plug that plugged into you old dizzy. Will show that in the install instructions that come with the dizzy.
JeffBowlsby
FINALLY...someone brought this up. It needs to be addressed. Looks like it is just 3 wires coming out of the dizzy body and I am not aware of any available male terminals or housing that are an easy mate to the female terminals on the standard FI harness.

SOL. Best technical solution is to find a weatherproof 2 pole quick disconnect connector, male/female and mount it to the harness/dizzy. Wire cutting is involved. Not pretty but it will certainly function and be durable. I would also wrap any exposed wires from the dizzy in heat shrink tube (the dizzy should have had this from the factory).

StratPlayer
My 123 dizzy for a D jet trigger points had the fittings on the end of the wires so they will plug into the harness plug, Plugged them in without any problems, been running in the car for over a year now without any problems.
JeffBowlsby
So it comes with 2 male pins installed on the wires?
euro911
It sounds like it, unless Jim had someone else install it, and they did a mod? confused24.gif

If concerned about going back to the original distributor on the side of the road, splice parallel wires and an additional connector for the 123 before hand, and the OEM connector will still be intact - ready for use if needed ... idea.gif
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 27 2017, 08:40 PM) *

So it comes with 2 male pins installed on the wires?

Yes they come with the male spade connector.
Hope that helps
Ed
914_teener
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 27 2017, 05:30 PM) *

FINALLY...someone brought this up. It needs to be addressed. Looks like it is just 3 wires coming out of the dizzy body and I am not aware of any available male terminals or housing that are an easy mate to the female terminals on the standard FI harness.

SOL. Best technical solution is to find a weatherproof 2 pole quick disconnect connector, male/female and mount it to the harness/dizzy. Wire cutting is involved. Not pretty but it will certainly function and be durable. I would also wrap any exposed wires from the dizzy in heat shrink tube (the dizzy should have had this from the factory).

Can you get the grey somewhere Jeff?

euro911
Oh, and thanks for organizing the GB, Rob ... and for hosting the GB, Ed beerchug.gif
Morrie
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 24 2017, 04:50 PM) *

Anyone have the advance curve for the Bosch 050 distributor? Wonder if one of the preset curves on the 4R is close to that...

Think I'll order the 4R with 16 curve choices- don't figure I'm computer savvy enough to program the thing myself! Hell, I'm driving a 46 year old car!!

The 050 isn't even a curve. It is pretty linear, which gives you less of an advance bump at low RPM than most of the stock Bosh units. The 009 is also plotted here.

Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(Morrie @ Oct 29 2017, 08:45 AM) *

The 050 isn't even a curve. It is pretty linear, which gives you less of an advance bump at low RPM than most of the stock Bosh units. The 009 is also plotted here.

Click to view attachment

Are you sure rhose are the 914 part No distributor curves?
914_teener
Found the manual. Think these are them.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Looks like these are for the 1.7.

039 part prefix is for the 2.0 from Brad Anders site.

Maybe they don't exist? Given the advance noted they should be able to be plotted.

The read on the retard function is interesting on over run and part load.
Morrie
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 29 2017, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Morrie @ Oct 29 2017, 08:45 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Are you sure rhose are the 914 part No distributor curves?

Those are not 914 Part numbers. Maybe I made the classic mistake of assuming that "050" was the aftermarket Bosh distributor often used in VW engines when "SKL1" asked. The "009" is also the Bosh part number of the common aftermarket distributor.

The "022" and "031" are OEM distributors for Porsche 912. The "0012" is a customized "009" that Benton Performance developed.

This was posted specifically in response to the "050" curve request. Apologies if I misunderstood.

SKL1
Thanks for info Morrie- that should help with selecting which of the 16 curves I'll use when I get the 4R.
Porschef
That DM-031 curve looks much more like something my engine would appreciate over the 050 curve.
Rand
Thanks for putting the group buy together. Just ordered. I was about to go through my 2.0 djet dizzy. Having this and eliminating points/pertronix, trigger points, vacuum port, advance plate and braided wire maintenance, nice and new... Is going to eliminate a lot of potential headaches!
smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 29 2017, 12:04 PM) *

Those are the numbers I used for the table posted elsewhere. There are more of those in later in the manual for the 2.0 parts. They have a whole separate section for the 2.0 engine.

--DD
BillC
Not sure I really need this since the car is running well, but I just ordered one.
914_teener
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 30 2017, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 29 2017, 12:04 PM) *

Those are the numbers I used for the table posted elsewhere. There are more of those in later in the manual for the 2.0 parts. They have a whole separate section for the 2.0 engine.

--DD

Ah...ok Dave thanks. I.ll look for those. Evidently it was digitized.
DAX

dax just placed my order received a $70.00 with the 914world code great
tnsmike
Ordered me one for the D-Jet, cant wait to give it a try, I'm so tired of constantly adjusting points.
DRPHIL914
with hotspark module I have not adjusted points for 5 years, but I have had to clean and adjust the FI trigger points plate, I was lucky enough to have bought a NOS plate a few years back- my thing was seeing the consistency of the signal on that video - if the signal is clean and not jumping around the car has to run better I'm sure and knowing that eventually we just wont have good Fi points to use anymore, this seemed like a good time to do this.
jkb944t
I just ordered one for my 914-6 conversion with a 2.2L. I needed to rebuild the distributor anyway so hopefully this will be even better.

Jeff B
BeatNavy
Hey, mine's shipped already. Should have it by Friday evening, apparently. I now know what I'm doing Saturday morning... w00t.gif
DRPHIL914
I didn't order mine until last week so I am not sure when it will or if it has shipped.

914_teener
Tracking number says tomorrow.

I.ll have an opportunity to put it in this weekend.
Porschef
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 1 2017, 05:27 PM) *

Hey, mine's shipped already. Should have it by Friday evening, apparently. I now know what I'm doing Saturday morning... w00t.gif

Nice, Rob. Yeah, your Sat. morning is booked. Please let all us fence sitters how it works for you. I'm gittin' tired of eatin' popcorn...

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Beer helps tho...

beer3.gif beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.