Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions on these parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal44
I'm trying to comprehend why this hasn't sold. A 914/6 is the current fad and the prices have gone stupid, and yet, here we have a 914/6 engine and transaxle for $12.5 and no takers (needs to be gone thru, maybe I just answered my own question). This is the second time it's been at auction.

Even fake well done 914/6's bring good money
(not the half arse kind, the good kind), the thought out kind, with tasteful design.

So please provide your well thought out opinions, help me understand why this has not sold. Is it because a 3.2 is soooo much better?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-914-6-FACT...6S8&vxp=mtr

mepstein
Because unless you have the matching numbers chassis, it’s really just a core 2.0, 911 T engine. $5K. The trans is worth about $1500 to a 914-6 owner. So at $12.5K, it’s about $5-6K too much.
raynekat
Agreed. There is no point in putting an anemic 2.0 stock 914-6 engine making 110hp that needs freshening up into a conversion...no point. Only the numbers matching owner will really want that engine and gearbox. Pretty easy to understand. I went with a 2.4 MFI engine that could easily be punched out to a 2.7 putting out 220hp.
porschetub
cal44 it is considered a "core unit",as mentioned it has a limited market, these motors were de-rated as not upset sales of the 911...
I'am sure a company like PMS wouldn't be selling a "junker" engine and box but the reality is big $$$ to recommisson,they most likely traded for little coin and as Mark mentioned its way overpriced.
cal44
Thanks boys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.