Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater control dash lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hello my friends,
All the heater control dash light are burned out on my 73 1.7. Got the new bulbs, but all the bulb sockets were just hanging loose. Looks like there are only three sockets and four places to push them into the heater control unit. Can anyone tell me which one goes where?
cary
Isn't one of sockets a little bigger ? One of them is for blue blower light, bottom left corner, that's all I can remember. The rest are just lamps. Plug them in where they wire dress out nice.
scallyk9
Blue blower light? Both of my '74 914s (produced in 11/73 and 2/74) have 3 standard "white" bulbs; two left and one in the lower right side.
Larmo63
Where do you get those tiny ones?
cary
Sorry, blue lense.
Mikey914
May have, just new to check.
Mark
mxkinn01
Osram-sylvania Instrument Light Bulb 12v-1.2w is what I used. Put one on each bottom side (defrost off and defrost max) and the other in the blue fan lens (only on when the fan is running). Turns out there is one that goes in defrost on and defrost off indicator located on the floor next to the red heater lever handle. I find out something new every time I drive or work on the car. Its a blast!
Montreal914
Unfortunately I find the blue one for the fan being very dimmed (due to the blue lens) and is only visible at night. Same for the high beam in the tach. With the mornings being darker, I tend to turn on my headlights but if the high beams are on, it's not necessarily dark enough to see the blue indicator.

Any bright LEDs replacement available?
rgolia
Anyone ever find a source for these bulbs?
914_teener
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 2 2017, 07:36 PM) *

Unfortunately I find the blue one for the fan being very dimmed (due to the blue lens) and is only visible at night. Same for the high beam in the tach. With the mornings being darker, I tend to turn on my headlights but if the high beams are on, it's not necessarily dark enough to see the blue indicator.

Any bright LEDs replacement available?

For the pod light yes....914 Rubber has replacements and of course not the Alt light.

Not sure about the heater lights for led replacements, but they make a huge difference in the pod lighting.
rgolia
Yep did LED in the gauges. Looking for the lights in the ventilation control unit and the defroster light in the center consol near the heat lever. They are wedge based.
Mikey914
I may have already, just need to check fitment i will do today.
mark
rgolia
Great thanks...how is the group buy for the speaker pods coming?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.