Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maserati Boro....visual similarities to Taiparo?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Currently on BAT (Bring a Trailer) there is a 74 Maserati Boro up for auction.
It struck me there are a lot of similarities in the "looks" dept to the Guigaro Taiparo.

Which would you rather have?
The Taiparo constructed on a 914-6 chassis or the 8 cylinder Boro?
And no...the gal doesn't come with the Taiparo if that helps you decide. wink.gif

Boro below:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Taiparo below:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'm leaning towards the Maserati.
Handsome beast.
mgp4591
One is a styling exercise built on a 914 chassis and the Bora is a completely engineered chassis and package. The purpose built V8 platform is regarded as one of the best of the era - go with the Maserati, hands down.
gulf908
+1 for the Bora !
I rate it as an equal to the Daytona as an icon of its era.
Its appearance just exudes sheer power.
pic from Monterey 2009

cheers
Dennis smile.gif
cal44
The old story is design. Notice how when viewing the Bora, your eye takes in the entire car, as a unit. Then, one goes back over the design understanding why each area works to enhance the other areas.

The Taiparo, not so much as the eyes stop at sections of the design. Not that it isn't nice looking, it doesn't flow as well as the Bora

This is why I have always liked looking at the very early 911's and most 914's (the earlier the better for simplicity in design), my eye takes in the entire design.

Drums66
.....The leopard girl for sure!........too much glass on those cars.
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.